Sunday, March 6, 2011

DAY 1 - Choose The Light, Away from Darkness!


Please click the title above for the audio podcast "Devotion on Fire" Cantonese Version.


Welcome to my new blog to support those who participate in our Discipler 123 Campaign. This one is DAY 1 and I publish this one on January 23, 2011 as a sample so that you know what this blog will look like. DAY 1 is for your daily devotion on March 6, 2011. I will publish DAY 2 on March 7, 2011. You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009. The easiest way to go to my first blog is to type me name "Silas Ng" and have a google search. It will be on top of the list and the name of the blog is "Devotion on Fire". The site of this blog is: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html

Today's Reading: John 1
Please read John 1 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to worship with us - You Are My All in All

Please click the links below to John 1:

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.John 1
: 14


Welcome to Day 1 of my second blog!

May you feel the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ every time when you read His Word and may you be able to enter into a daily intimate personal relationship with Him!

I have been praying for months to ask Jesus whether I should start this second blog so that those who join our Disciplers 123 Campaign can have a place to start their daily devotion. It would be difficult to ask those who have not started their daily devotion to follow my first blog which has already gone through nearly half of the Bible. It would be easier for me just to write my first blog: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com , but what I received from the Lord is to start this new one for you so that you can "STAY WITH HIM"!

What I heard from Jesus today is very simple and important:
"Choose the light, away from darkness!"

Jesus led me to count how many times the word "light" appears in John 1. There are seven usages of "light" and afterwards two of "glory". After verse 14, I can't find any usages of "light". And then Jesus asked me to count how many references to "Jesus" or words similar to Jesus like "the Word", "that light", "Christ", "the One", "the Only", "He", "Him", "Lamb of God", "the Lord", "Son of God", "Son of Man", "the King". I was and actually still am speechless with tears flowing down on my face. I am feeling so strongly the love and presence of Jesus Christ our Lord here in this room with me. He said, "How many?" I typed it right now to answer Him, "67 times, Lord! It was repeated 67 times in just one chapter. I asked: "Why was I never aware of this, Lord?" Jesus replied, "Did I not tell you in the first day(one and a half year's ago) in which you wrote your first blog that you are blind, my son?! You need the Light so that you can see and can see more and more clearly."

So many people are in darkness, for they do not want to receive the Light. You can go to church weekly, thinking that you can get out of your darkness, or you can read the Bible as hard as you can be or take many courses to study the Bible, or you can be a leader in your church for many years; but only you know whether you are still in darkness or not. When you receive Jesus into your life as your Savior and Lord of life and when you have a daily intimate personal relationship with Him, then you should be in the true Light and not in darkness. Only Jesus can give you light for He is the Light!

Why did John use the name of Jesus 67 times in his first chapter? Because God told him to do so in order to tell us that Jesus is your only answer! Is Jesus just a historical name to you or is He really your Lord, your Savior, your King and your friend?

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus... Come, Lord Jesus!

Today is March 5, 2011 and I am in my hotel room in LA waiting to go home after a week of Fuller D. Min. course. Praise the Lord this is the last one and the most fruitful one and I should be able to complete everything before November 1 this year.

Today as I prepare to launch this new blog tomorrow (March 6, 2011) the Lord gave me some insight. "Choose Light, Away from Darkness", Jesus is the Light! The Light is Jesus:

1. Jesus is the Light (John 1: 1 - 18)
2. Jesus is the Light - John the Baptist pointing to the Light, the Lamb of God (vv.19-34)
3. Follow the Light - John the Baptist told his two disciples, Andrew and John (v. 35)
4. They followed the Light-Andrew and John followed Jesus and stayed overnight.(vv.37-39)
5. Followed Me - Andrew and John met the Savior, the Light (v. 39)
5. First thing first: Follow Jesus - The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon to follow the Light (vv.40-42)
6. Follow Me - Jesus asked Simon Peter to follow Him (v. 42)
7. Follow Me - Jesus asked Philip to follow Him (v. 43)
8. First thing first: Follow Jesus - The first thing Philip did was to find Nathanael to follow the Light (vv. 44-46)
9. Follow Me: Nathanael met the Savior, the Light, the Lord!(vv. 47 - 51)

Jesus asked me to ask you, "Have you followed Me? How are you going to point and lead other people to me as your first thing first? Do you know what is your first thing first?"

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you Lord for such powerful experience of enjoying your presence and your words. Help me to point and lead other people to you as my first thing first. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - Shout to The Lord


Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage those who join our Disciplers 123 to have a place to start their daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus.

There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
  1. A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
  2. A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
  3. An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Silas, Thought I would stop by and check out the new blog. It is a wonderful way to bring a whole new set of people to follow Jesus as the Light of the World. I will continue to read the other Blog as I have been reading it from its beginning and have gain some much insight and knowledge from it. I expect you will reach many new people here and pray that this blog will be a blessing to many, and to you as you present God's words to your readers. May God bless you and Michelle through this year.

The Rt. Rev. Dr. Silas Ng said...

Thanks for your encouragement Rob!

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...