Sunday, May 1, 2011

DAY 58 - How Can We Shift from Things of Men to Things of God? (Cantonese Podcast click here)




Please click the title above for the audio podcast "Discipler 123" Cantonese Version.

You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123


You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html


Today's Reading: Mark 8

Please read Mark 8 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to meditate with us - Hear My Prayer
http://www.youtube.com/user/tromba25#p/u/17/tukWCfNyQJU


Please click this link to read Mark 8:
But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." Mark 8: 33

What I received from Jesus today is: How can we shift from things of men to things of God?

The answer is: The Cross.

The Lord reminds me of Isaiah 30: 15 - 16,
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is our strength,
but you would have none of it."
You said, 'We will ride off on swift horses.'
Therefore your pursuers will be swift!

What is your cross that you need to take up to follow Jesus?
Wow! All those things that blocking you that you always long for things of men and not things of God. Take up your cross means to repent for you follow the lifestyle of men and not lifestyle of Christlikeness.

It was such a wonderful experience to me that the Lord led me to have a fasting on not buying anything from February 28 to April 24(Easter Sunday). I did it! So, I have been tested that I'm not those who cannot control their shopping desire. I think after this experience my lifestyle on this aspect will have a drastic change. I want less and I can give more!

What is your cross that you need to take up in order that you can follow Jesus daily?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to be able to shift our mind from things of men to things of you. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - At The Cross


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage those who join our Disciplers 123 to have a place to start their daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus. There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
  1. A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.

  2. A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.

  3. An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!

No comments:

願愛你的人如日頭出現,光輝烈烈!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...