Friday, June 24, 2011

DAY 112 - Why Saul Didn't Stone Stephen?



You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123
Sorry, computer down for podcast! Will be fixed in a few days time.

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

(You also can find podcasts in Cantonese and English in this link)



Today's Reading: Acts 22

Please read Acts 22 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - I Will Run to You


Please click this link to read Acts 22:


"And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him." Acts 22: 20


What I heard from Jesus today is: Why Saul didn't stone Stephen?

The Lord gave a challenging question today and I don't have an answer. There are quite a number of possibilities why Saul didn't stone Stephen.

Three verses after the Bible describes the death of Stephen (Acts 7: 60) Paul became a leader to destroy arresting people and putting them to prison or even to their death (Acts 22: 4). So why Saul didn't stone Stephen but just guarding the clothes of those who stoned Stephen?

If Saul could be changed to Paul anyone can be changed! Do we as Christians give chance to those people like Saul by not condemning them and give them a space to become Paul?

This is a challenge of changing of lifestyle - A lifestyle of Christlikeness. Jesus never stopped to love and gave chance to Judah. The lifestyle changes that I am call to change myself after receiving Jesus challenging question are:
1. From judgemental to sacrificial
2. From darkness to light
3. From hopeless to hopeful
4. From stoning to accepting

Do you have more?
God is good, all the time! Can we be more like God?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help me to have those changes of lifestyle that I can be able to help more Saul to become Paul. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - God Is Good



The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


No comments:

這日子如同網羅忽然臨到!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...