Monday, August 15, 2011

DAY 164 - Do You Really Know The Present Crisis? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/


Today's Reading: Galatians 1

Please read Galatians 1 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - My Life Is in You


Please click this link to read Galatians 1:
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel - which is no gospel at all. Galatians 1: 6


What I heard from Jesus today is: Do you really know the present crisis?

This chapter tells us clearly why Paul wrote this letter because there was a crisis in the Galatian church. And, the crisis is described in vv. 6-9, the Galatians abandoning the true gospel and coming under the sway of the false teachers.

Do you know what is our crisis today as Christians? I got two main things from Jesus today:
1. Same situation: many Christians are following all kinds of false teaching and they might not know at all!

2. We need Paul's three years of preparation: The journey for Paul to Arabia to be prepared by God and then back to Damascus takes place in the gap between Acts 9: 25 and 9: 26. It took three years in this gap of Paul's preparation before he did any of his ministry. Jesus apostles spent three years with Jesus to be prepared by Him before they did any ministry. How many years have you been prepared by the Lord so that you can be equipped to serve Him. We as Christians need that three years of preparation. There are so many Christians never finish reading the whole Bible. There are less than 10%(As I confirmed with John Stott, Rick Warren, Richard Peace, Terry Walling, Reggie McNeal and more of my personal interview with them the past three years)or even 5% (James Houston, John Drane and more), or even 1% of Christians( a few Rwanda bishops) are having daily devotion. But lots of those who have not finishing reading the Bible, not having daily devotion, not having some kind of authentic training and preparation are now serving in churches.

So, these two are the real problems in today's church. Well, if you follow either of my blogs you can finish reading the whole Bible one chapter a day in 1,189 days approximately three years and three months time. And in that three years you need to take some basic courses if your church have those to offer. The Church is in big crisis! Be prepare if not you would be eaten up by all kinds of false teachings!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to know the present crisis and be willing to prepared ourselves to become a mature Christian and leader to honor your Holy Name and to extend you Kingdom. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen.

**
Well, today is my birthday and I thank God for how He loves me and guides me for the past so many years! I praise God for how he uses my two blogs and the podcast as a channel for more and more people come to Him to have a daily intimate personal relationship with Him. And today I added some people from Bulgaria reading my blogs thus make people from a total number of 58 countries visited my blogs. We have just 196 countries in this world! I look forward to each extra day He is going to give me that I can love Him as well as His people and to extend His mighty Kingdom!


Please click this link to worship with us - Breathe



The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)

No comments:

因爲你專心跟從主,能趕走最強的敵人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...