Sunday, September 18, 2011

DAY 198 - Encouragements from The Discouraged! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

Today's Reading: 2 Timothy 1

Please read 2 Timothy 1 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - Take My Life And Let It Be




Please click this link to read 2 Timothy 1:
I long to see you, so that i may be filled with joy. 2 Timothy 1: 3-4

I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother
Lois and is your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this
reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the
laying on of my hands. For God id not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of
power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1: 5-7

What I heard from Jesus today is: Encouragements from the discouraged!

What would you do when you are discouraged? Usually we want someone to care for us, encourage us and at least say something good to strengthen us. But, do you think you can have the heart to encourage someone at those times?

I feel my heart ache when I read Paul's word. This is Paul last letter in the Bible and he was executed by King Nero after that and it was after his supernatural encounter with Jesus on the Damascus road 35 years ago. A 35 years service for Jesus and he was about to "finish well"! I am full of tears now when I think of how faithful Paul honored Jesus and he was so prepared to be executed. According to what he wrote in this letter he was kept in a cold dungeon(4: 13) and chained like a criminal(1: 16; 2:9). He should be discouraged and yet he thought of his disciple Timothy and wrote him this letter of love and encouragements. For other people to be in a cold dungeon most likely the fire in their heart would be dimmed or even distinguished. But Paul reminded Timothy to fan into flame the gift of God which was in him through the laying on of his hands.

I do hope and pray that you can encourage others even though when you are being discouraged!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to be willing and able to encourage the others even though we are being discouraged . In Jesus Name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - Blessed Assurance

祢讓我生命改變

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf94kilPZ6M&feature=related


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...