Sunday, December 18, 2011

DAY 289 - When Was Your First Time to Be Able to Listen to God's Voice? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)
















Please click this link for the official announcement from AMiAs of the recent transition:




You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

Today's Reading: Genesis 28

Please read Genesis 28 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - Unfailing Love

Chinese praise song - 歡欣 Give Thanks

Please click this link to read Genesis 28

The Jacob made a vow, saying, "If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father's house, then the Lord will be my God and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be Go's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth." Genesis 28: 20-22

What I received from Jesus today is: When was your first time to be able to listen to God's voice?

I am shock because three hours ago I asked this question to a lady and she said she never heard God's voice but she has been a Christian for many years. I showed her how to get to my two blogs and podcasts and hope that she is reading this post now to make some effort to learn how to listen to God's voice.

Well, this was the first time Jacob listened to God's voice and had a vision. It's always like that. We as human beings never need God so we rarely can listen to God's voice until we are in great need for God's help. And, this was the time that Jacob really, really needed God's instruction.

I remember the first time I heard God's voice was when I was waiting for the result of whether I could get in University. I was in a camp in an orphanage with my church choir in Hong Kong. I got up early in the morning at around 6a.m.. I was still worried about whether I could get a place in the Chinese University of Hong Kong. I walked outside and I went in the small chapter. There was some light like what Jacob's dream and the early sun was shining on the Bible in the altar. It was a really big Bible. I walked toward that Bible and read it. It was opened on Jeremiah chapter 18:

This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: "God down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." So, I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the whell. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
Then the word of the Lord came to me: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the Lord. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hands."
Jeremiah 18: 1-6

I remembered I was crying loudly in the chapel, kneeling down before the altar and said to the Lord, "Yes Lord, I am the clay and you are the potter. Shape me, mold me and change me. I am willing to listen." Well, I remember I had that similar conditional sentence as Jacob did like, "Well God, if you help me to be able to get into University then I'll do anything for you. I'll ...." Do you think Jacob really offered his tithing to God? It showed that he knew the importance of the tithing concept which started from his grandfather Abraham. What was and is your conditional sentence to God? I do hope that someday you'll understand we do not need to have any conditional sentence to God. His love is unconditional and we need to show our unconditional love to Him!


Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to be able to listen to you and to experience you daily. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

**Wednesday December 14, 2011, ACiC/AI has another new church established - Emmanuel 330 Anglican Church. This church has been having Alpha Course and then simple worship style in Empress Chinese Seafood Restaurant since March this year every Wednesday 3:30p.m.. Dec. 14 was the time for our first harvest. I baptized four adults who are restaurant workers and one child. Each one of the baptized had a 5 to 10 minutes powerful testimony and a couple who attended this new church told us how God saved their marriage through this new church plant. Wednesday's baptism was like the coming of His Kingdom!


Please click this link to worship with us - The Potter's Hand

祢讓我生命改變

Chinese praise song - 陶造我生命 Mold My Life

Pray for our retired primates who are giving us spiritual oversight and our chairman bishop:
The Most Rev. Emmanuel Kolini (Freda)

The Most Rev. Moses Tay (Cynthia)

The Most Rev. Yong Ping Chung (Julia)

The Rt. Rev. Chuck Murphy, III (Margaret)


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


No comments:

這日子如同網羅忽然臨到!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...