Saturday, February 25, 2012

DAY 358 -Do You Love Me Because of Guilt? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)







Please click this link for the official announcement from AMiAs of the recent transition:




You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

**1000 DAYS of prayers now!!!
Please sign up for the new 10th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!! Please click link below.

**NEW link for the 9th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (from February 6 to May 16, 2012).

The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. What you need to do is very simple. Choose one dayThe easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week then prayerfully remembering the ministry of ACiC(ACiC has two Networks: ACiC, Anglican Coalition in Canada and AI, Asian Initiative). You may use the whole hour in prayer or you can still do you work in your office but use as much time as you can to pray and the other time work prayerfully that hour to pray for our ministry. I deeply believe that this is a way to draw as many participation as we can in prayers. I encourage you to participate. We need you to join us! Trust in the power of prayers!


Today's Reading: Leviticus 7

Please read Leviticus 7 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.



Please click this link to worship with us - How Great Is Our God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi0yLRX4d2M&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 我的心你要稱頌耶和華 Praise the Lord, O My Soul


Please click this link to read Leviticus 7



"These are the regulations for the guilt offering, which is most holy."

"The same law applies to both the sin offering and the guilt offering" Leviticus 7: 1; 7


What I got from Jesus today is: Do you love because of guilt?

God is good, all the time! I had a most wonderful personal intimate time with Jesus the past 24 hours! A quite unusual long daily devotion experience!

Usually I have my daily devotion early in the morning, read the two chapters that I am going to write and podcasts and wait for the Lord to tell me what He wants me to write. Most of the time I got a message from the Lord and then I let those messages to sink in my soul for a whole day and then I complete my two blogs and podcast around 12a.m. then go to bed with a smile, sometimes 3 to 4a.m. but not very often. But yesterday was very unusual. I completed the "Devotion on Fire" blog but when I read this chapter again and again I just got one word and that is "guilt". I started to have some extensive research around 11p.m. and I got quite some information on the meaning of the guilt offering and the sin offering. For a detailed information you make click this link to know more: http://bible.org/seriespage/guilt-offering-leviticus-514-67-71-6 . It's good stuff! But I felt that I did not get what Jesus wanted me to write and podcast. Then I felt that He asked me to get some rest and He would tell me later. When I opened my eyes it was 6:30a.m. and I've got it!

Yes, I've got it. And it's a question Jesus wants to ask each one of us, "Do you love me because of guilt? Do your offer your time and money to me because of guilt? Do you have you daily devotion because of guilt?"

Wow! This is a question far beyond how you understand the historical background of guilt offering and the meaning of guilt offering. I come into an understanding that all kinds offerings God requested like Burnt Offering, Grain Offering, Fellowship Offering, Sin Offering and Guilt Offering concern with our loving relationship with God and rooted deep down in our soul. Just as what it says in the link I give you:

Guilt has two distinct aspects: legal and emotional. Legal guilt is the outcome of a legal or a moral violation. If a break the law or a moral code, I am “guilty” of breaking it. Put another way, the breaking of law or code imparts guilt to the law breaker. Emotional guilt is the outcome of the conscience that God has given us. It is the spiritual organ that causes us to feel pain when we do wrong. Rightly tuned, it is a good thing to have.

Jesus reminds me of John 16: 8:

Jesus says, "When the Holy Spirit comes, He will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment."

When we receive Jesus as our Lord and King then we are more and more in the abiding work of the Holy Spirit. Lots of time we would have a kind of guilty feeling when we are about to do something wrong. Seems the Holy Spirit is trying to warn us, "Don't do it, don't do it, it's wrong! Stop!" Or it's like we set an alarm in our house and when it sounds it means that something is wrong. Right?

But guilt can be something to water down a relationship. And sometimes we use that wrongly trying to urge some people to do something. Jesus reminds me of two occasions:
1. 1 1/2 month's ago when I was about to go to our weekly 9a.m. prayer meeting of REC Michelle was still sleeping on the bed. She told me she was very tired and suddenly I said, "You don't go to prayer meeting on your Birthday?" Ha, ha, she woke up and went with me but not in a good mood. That's how a pastor and husband can easily use "guilt" to control his wife!

2. We are having a "Small Drops of Water" Campaign to encourage our people to make a $10 or more offering weekly so that we will solve our deficit crisis permanently. But lots of time for a pastor to urge his people to make an offering might say, "You are a Council member, you are a leader, you have to tithe." Then tithing or extra offering will become a guilt to them and even they do it it is because of guilt.

So, our Lord Jesus Christ wants to tell a very important message to you taking you away from this guilt mentality, "You love me not because of guilt but because of love! You have daily devotion not because of guilt but because you love me and want to have a daily intimate relationship with me! You tithe not because of guilt but because you love me and know that I love you. I just don't want you love money more than me!"

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us not to love you because of guilt but to love you with our whole heart, our mind, our soul and our being. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - Amazing Grace


Chinese praise song - 耶稣 Jesus Loves You


Pray for our Founding Primates who are giving us spiritual oversight and our chairman bishop:
The Most Rev. Emmanuel Kolini (Freda)

The Most Rev. Moses Tay (Cynthia)

The Most Rev. Yong Ping Chung (Julia)

The Rt. Rev. Chuck Murphy, III (Margaret)


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


No comments:

因爲你專心跟從主,能趕走最強的敵人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...