Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DAY 17 - Why Are You Afraid? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)




Today's Reading: Mark 4: 35-41

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 4: 35-41

Bible Study

Everyone who reads the Bible know this miracle: Jesus calms the storm. But today is a very special day that Jesus wants to use this miracle to lead us out of our fear so that we are free and secure.

N.T. Wright gives us a good perspective again:

Here is Jesus with the disciples, going about their business; Here are the forces of evil)madmen shrieking in the synagogue, angry men plotting, powerful men capturing Jesus and putting him to death); here is Jesus, not now asleep or a pillow but slumped on the cross. We hear his voice: Why are you afraid? Don't you believe? And on the third day the storm is still, the tomb is empty, and great fear comes upon them all. Who then is this?

Actually, if you sign on with Jesus for the kingdom of God, it will become your story whether you realize it, whether you like it, or not. Wind and storms will come your way. The power of evil was broken on the cross and in the empty tomb, but like people who have lost their cause and are now angry, that power has a shrill malevolence about it. Christians - the church as a whole, local churches here and there, individual Christians -can get hurt or even killed as a result.

That's Mark's invitation to all of us: OK, go on, wake Jesus up, pray to him in your fear and anger. And don't be surprised when he turns to you, as the storm subsides in the background, and asks when you're going to get some real faith.

Do you have anything you are afraid of recently? Jesus turns His eyes to you now, what do you think He wants to tell you?

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




My Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Why are you afraid?

Wow! Today is a big day because Jesus takes away all my fear! It's impossible, really impossible! Two hours ago I finished my Devotion on Fire blog and began to write this blog. Jesus gives me such a powerful message through that two passages, Isaiah 39 and the one in this blog, Mark 4: 35-41. Actually I am shaking now because of this awesome experience today. Let me cut and paste what I wrote in my Devotion on Fire blog today:

Tonight around 150 people came to Richmond Emmanuel Church to see a play - Mark's Project. It was such a simple and yet powerful play using the whole Gospel of Mark to lead us to see who Jesus is.

The last line was the most powerful moment. It's about the last scene of the Gospel of Mark of what Jesus rebuked his eleven apostles for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.

It was so powerful when Jesus said, "Why are you afraid? Why are you afraid?", then he walked down and looked at that person still on the stage.

Wow! I was shaking because Jesus revealed all those fear I have had these few months. So many! Then I felt Jesus looked right into my eyes and said, "I am your King, why are you afraid?"

Thank you Lord! I got it! Thank you!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for how you takes away my fear through these two passages. Help me to lead a life to walk with you each day that I can face with all kinds of storms and not be afraid because you are my king and King of all Kings. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I

Chinese praise song - 一生最美的祝福 The Most Wonderful Blessing of My Life


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...