Thursday, April 26, 2012

DAY 19 - Turn My Fear into Faith! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)




Today's Reading: Mark 5: 21-34

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 5: 21-34

Bible Study

I just finished my first blog half an hour ago on Isaiah 41. It is in a kind of sandwich format. And from verse 21 to 43 is also in a sandwich format, what people call Markan sandwich.

As N.T. Wright describes, the flavour of the outer story adds zest to the inner one; the taste of the inner one is meant in turn to permeate the outer one. The outer story is about Jairus, one of the local synagogue presidents, and particularly his 12-year-old daughter; the inner story is about a much older woman who for the same twelve years has suffered severe internal bleeding.

Both stories are about fear and faith, and the power of Jesus to take people from one to the other, to turn fear into faith.

We'll talk about more about Jairus daughter tomorrow. Today, as we look at the woman, there is a very interesting question we need to ask:
Was it Jesus' power that rescued the woman, or her own faith?
N.T. Wright says that clearly it was Jesus' power; but Jesus says, 'Your faith has rescued you.' The answer must be that faith, though itself powerless, is the channel through which Jesus' power can work.

Have you experienced how Jesus turned your fear into faith?

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




My Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Turn My Fear into Faith!

Please go to my Devotion on Fire blog today because I have a very important sharing of how Jesus gave me a confirmation just as he gave me in 1982 of a very important decision I made today with my Anglican Mission bishops to join the Anglican Church of Congo as an official Mission Society.

"Turn my fear into faith" is really what God has been doing all these years to raise me up as one of His disciples. Jesus turned the woman's fear into faith. Jesus turned my fear into faith. How does Jesus turns your fear into faith?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for your love, protection and guidance. Help us to turn our fear into faith and use us to turn other people's fear into faith. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I

Chinese praise song - 一生最美的祝福 The Most Wonderful Blessing of My Life


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...