Monday, April 30, 2012

DAY 23 - How Well Do You Know Jesus? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Mark 6: 14-16

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 6: 14-16

Bible Study

We focus on just three verses. Three seemingly not important verses!

Good or bad news spreads through so fast nowadays because we have Facebook, MSN, TV, internet, email, gossip columnist, fashion magazines and all kinds of channels. But not so 2,000 years ago! People knew Jesus from all kinds of different channels and sources:
1. For those who have been waiting for the Messiah to come
They think that Jesus is Elijah because prophet Malachi prophesied that Elijah will come first before the Messiah. And what Jesus had been doing is to bring people's heart turn back to the Heavenly Father and to bring healing and reconciliation to many families:

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
Malachi 4: 5-6

2. For those who waited to have prophets to come back to Israel
Many of those who remember the glorious days of their ancestors who were led by those mighty prophets like Moses,Daniel, Jeremiah, Isaiah and many others. So they took Jesus should be one of those coming back to them to restore their glorious tradition.

3. For Herod who were in fear of John the Baptist coming back to seek revenge
Herod didn't listen to any of those assumptions because he was in great fear that Jesus should be John the Baptist whom he killed a while ago.

How well do you know Jesus? Who do you think He is?

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




My Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: How well do you know Jesus?

What Jesus gives me and you today is a very simple and yet very deep question. It is purely a relational question. What is your answer? How does your answer reflect your true relationship with Him?

Wow! I published this blog five minutes ago and Jesus said, "No, no, no! You need to tell them how well do you know me." So, I clicked open this post and add this line. Praise the Lord for your presence and your abiding Word!

He is my King, my Savior, my Lord, my friend, my fortress, my Shepherd, my coach, my refuge, my commander, my defender, my rock, my perfecter, my hope, my light, my healer, my teacher, my way, my life!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to enter into a deep and intimate relationship with you that we know who you are. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I

Chinese praise song - 一生最美的祝福 The Most Wonderful Blessing of My Life


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...