Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DAY 4 - Be Healed! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Mark 1: 21-34

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 1: 21-34

Bible Study

When I was in Grade 9 I was bullied by a classmate who was member of some kind of gang. I followed a "Kung Fu" master to learn Chinese Kung Fu thinking that I could get away from him if I could learn something from this master. I still remember the first day I came to him he brought me to the place he taught kung fu and demonstrated to me how powerful he was and then asked his followers to demonstrate how powerful they were. Then he said, "See that, you'll be just like them. No one would touch you from now anymore." I did get away from the bullying after learning kung fu just for a month!

That is a similar situation of how the first four followers of Jesus experienced. Jesus demonstrated to them His powerful authority in three ways:
  1. His authority in preaching and teaching, telling people what God's will is, how the Kingdom is coming. Jesus was far more better than their usual teachers, those priests, scribes and Pharisees.
  2. His authority to expel demons.
  3. His authority to speak words of healing and many people were being healed.
This is how Mark begins to tell us how Jesus became so popular so quickly attracting huge crowds. At the same time, Jesus wanted to show His power and authority of preaching, expelling demons and healing to His first four followers: Simon(who was later being called as Peter by Jesus), Andrew, James and John.

How did Jesus showed His power and authority to you since you became a Christian so that you are willing to follow Him?

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



My Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Be healed!

What I can think of today is how Jesus showed His power to me in all those three areas speaking just one word, "Be healed!" I have seen numerous people including myself hearing this powerful and personal word by Jesus and were healed during listening to His Word through preaching, teaching or daily devotion, expelling of demons and healing of all kinds of sickness.

What I received from Jesus are three questions for you to respond to His call:
  1. What more do you want Jesus to demonstrate to you of His power of preaching, expelling demons and healing so that you can following Him just as His first four disciples?
  2. What have you experienced Jesus power and authority so far since you became a Christian? How does that power influence you? Do you want to have that power and authority?
  3. Do you know how you can get that? Well, the answer will be in tomorrow's devotion. Wait, pray and you will see tomorrow.
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for calling us to follow you. Teach us your way of power and authority so that we can also bring healing to many and we can be healed as well. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - All I Need Is You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UDWk6e_aE&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 祢讓我生命改變 You Transform My Life


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

不要被災難篩走了和親友的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...