Saturday, June 9, 2012

DAY 63 - Our Stubborn Refusal! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Mark 16: 9-14

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 16: 9-14

Bible Study

Jesus is risen but all His disciples did not believe! How could that be?
According to Jesus, it is "their stubborn refusal"!

How stubborn we can be that we do not believe what we should believe? With Mary Magdelene and two disciples witnessing that Jesus is risen but they did not believe, and yet it is about the eleven apostles!

Do you know how stubborn we are and can be that we might refuse lots of Jesus guidance because of our stubbornness not to believe His way but our own way?

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"


Spiritual Journal


What I heard from Jesus today is: Our stubborn refusal!

Today is a big day for me and my family! In four hours time I have the honor to give Benediction to 500 Fuller graduates and 5,000 guests at the end of this year's Fuller Commencement. As I read today's passage about the stubborn refusal of Jesus apostles and other disciples, I think of my stubborn refusal all these years. Yes, I am stubborn and it is really a very difficult spiritual journey for Jesus to turn my stubbornness into being teachable, my unbelieve into faithfulness! How about you?

Yesterday night we had the honor to have Professor Eddie Gibbs(Senior Professor of Fuller D.Min. program and a world renown author) who has been my mentor and reader for my Doctoral thesis to have dinner with my family and a few closed friends. I am deeply moved and encouraged by what he said to all of us. He said, "I have been a reader for many Doctoral candidates and there are two kinds of Doctoral dissertations. One is dust and the other is momentum. Silas Doctoral dissertation is momentum." I sincerely hope and pray that the "Micro Discipleship" vision I got from the Lord will have more and more Christians to believe that it is from our Lord Jesus Christ and that it will gain its momentum in years to come!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to turn our stubbornness into being teachable and our unbelieve into faithfulness that we can do your Kingdom ministry. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
I Will Run to You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg048CpTAMI&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 祢讓我生命改變 You Transform My Life


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

願愛你的人如日頭出現,光輝烈烈!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...