Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DAY 93- Not to Condemn but to Free! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Today's Reading: John 8: 1-11

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read John 8: 1-11

Bible Study

The scribes and Pharisees set a trap for Jesus. They thought Jesus would tell the woman that her sins had been forgiven so that Jesus would be condemned by teaching people to ignore something in the law of Moses.

But Jesus did not step into this trap. Instead, he didn't say that the law of Moses was wrong but to lead people to find themselves guilty. Then, one by one they got the point and went away.

The story certainly doesn't mean that adultery doesn't matter. Jesus' last words to the woman are extremely important, "Go now and leave your life of sin." Just as N.T. Wright says, "Being forgiven doesn't mean that sin doesn't matter. On the contrary: 'forgiveness' means that sin does matter - but that God is choosing to set it aside."

Do you like to judge, condemn and accuse other people? If so, stop doing this because we, disciples of Jesus, are called to connect, encourage, accept, forgive and love other people?


Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Not to condemn but to free!

Today Jesus reminds me of so many past events that I used to judge, condemn and accuse other people. I can't say I stop doing this kind of things now but I can say that I am more aware my sinful nature to judge, condemn and accuse. I am learning very hard to be more accepting, forgiving and loving.

Toady, Jesus calls us not to condemn but to free!

Are you going to respond to His call?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us not to condemn other people but to free them from their sins. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfr5rOfimnU&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 祢讓我生命改變 You Transform My Life


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

主一出手,風浪止住,平靜了!

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...