Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DAY 120 - Are You Better Than Me! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: John 13: 21-30

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read John 12: 21-30

Bible Study

How can Jesus as Son of God had a Judas? Three years had Jesus spent to be with Judas and even Jesus could not do anything to prevent this betrayal to happen, why?

N.T. Wright says:
The word 'satan' in Hebrew means 'accuser'; it's a legal term for someone who brings a prosecution, a charge, against someone else. What we are now to witness if Judas being used by the forces of darkness to bring a charge against Jesus, the messenger of the light. The confrontation between light and darkness, which has been hanging over the gospel story ever since the Prologue (1:5), is coming to its climax. And Judas has been willingly enlisted among the forces of darkness. The end of verse 30 is one of John's master-touches as a storyteller. The door opens on to the dark night, in every sense and at every level, and Judas disappears into it.
In the middle of the picture we have Jesus, flanked by love and betrayal. Perhaps it is always like this. Perhaps they always go together in this life, the joy and the agony, the intimacy and the knife in the back.

If Jesus have one apostles out of twelve betray Him, do you think you can do better than Jesus? Be prepared!

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Are you better than me!

I still remember many years ago I had some people betraying me and I was very sad, almost to the point to quit. Jesus comforted me giving me words I never will forget. He said, "Why are you so depressed? Are you better than me?" I said, "What do you mean Lord Jesus?" Jesus said, "Even I have one out of twelve betray me. You need to be prepared that this betrayal will happen. This is only a challenge!"

Yes, those painful experiences are only our challenges indeed! From then on, my heart is ready to take this most painful experience of a human life, to be betrayed, knowing that I can never be better than Jesus!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for your word of comfort many years ago helping me to get through my dark valley. Lead us through all those kind of darkness into your light because you are the light of this world. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - Open The Eyes of My Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutmEjdbedE&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 我要向山舉目(詩篇121) I Will Lift Up My Eyes to The Hills


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...