Saturday, September 15, 2012

DAY 159 - Best Way to Break Your Addiction! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)




**1100 DAYS of prayers now!!!
Please sign up for the new 11th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!!
Please click link below.

**NEW link for the 11th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign(from August 25 to December 03, 2012).

The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. What you need to do is very simple. Choose one dayThe easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week to pray for me, my family and my ministry, remembering the ministry of ACiC(ACiC has two Networks: ACiC, Anglican Coalition in Canada and AI, Asian Initiative). You may use the whole hour in prayer or you can still do you work in your office but use as much time as you can to pray and the other time work prayerfully that hour to pray for our ministry. This campaign is also to teach you that you need somebody to pray for you daily. I have been prayed for hourly the past 1,100 days and I have never experienced this kind of peace and protection before. It's just beyond words can express. If I did not listen and obey to Jesus call 1,100 days ago to start this prayer movement, I think I would be pulled into darkness and discouragement already! I deeply believe that this is a way to draw as many participation as we can in prayers. I encourage you to participate. We need you to join us! Trust in the power of prayers!

Today's Reading: Matthew 4: 1-11

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read John 4: 1-11

Bible Study

Today is the first time for me to repeat reading the same passage in the past three years of writing my blog. Why? Because I was told by Jesus yesterday that I have to repeat the same passage so that you can get another message besides yesterday's wonderful message of "the two things to beat Satan".

When we study this passage it always comes up with the importance of the meaning of the 40 days. As in Biblical teaching 40 means a complete number. Moses and his people wandered in the desert for 40 years. Jesus fasted for 40 days and so on. But, do you aware that before this 40 days Jesus did not performed any miracle or had not done anything to show he was so powerful and anointed. After these 40 days, something happened and he did everything!

So, what's the significance of these 40 days? What is the secret in this number "40"?What has it to do with your spiritual life and your intimate personal relationship with God?

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Best way to break your addiction!

What I received from Jesus since about 56 days ago and also yesterday is that the number "40" is very important. This is a period of time that you can get rid of an addition or to get accustom to a good habit. A Biblical "breaking" code and a "building" code!

Remember about 46 days ago I shared in my blog about the suspect of my addiction playing computer games in the name of stress relief? I clearly heard the Lord told me to stop playing any computer game for 40 days and I listened and obeyed. Last Sunday was day 40, so I tried to play the Tiger Wood golf and a war game again on Monday. Suddenly I felt that I lost the interest to play those games! Oh, then I understand that I got addicted to play those games for months in the name of stress relief! Because I entered into a "Biblical" breaking code or if you do not like the word "code" then a Biblical way or method to get rid of an addiction.

Well, the Deceiver tempted me during those 40 days that I heard it wrong from Jesus and I should not be so "simple minded" to believe in the importance of 40 days, may be 20 days is enough. I do not know what would happen if I stop just for 20 days. But, what I know is that I stopped for 40 days and I am free!

Today, a sister in our church told me that my 40 days break helped her in not drinking Coke for 40 days and she is healthier now. She listened and read my two blogs everyday and she just followed my instruction 46 days ago to stop drinking Coke for 40 days. Then she understood after last Sunday that she got addicted to drinking Coke.

So, that's how Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit led Jesus to enter into that 40 break and build! After 40 days, every good and powerful things happened! And in that 40 days Jesus established the most intimate personal relationship with His heavenly Father. Don't forget Jesus was a human and He so needed that 40 days break and build!

So, how about you. Could you pray now asking Jesus if there is anything, one thing, one possible addiction that He wants you to terminate with a 40 days break?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to know whether there is any addiction in us that we need 40 days to break that chain and to be free. Lead us to do it with faith and your help. Holy Spirit, fill us each day so that we are able to have that break. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - I Offer My Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ar5EfvAcU

Chinese praise song - 愛是不保留 Unreserved Love


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

主一出手,風浪止住,平靜了!

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...