Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DAY 170 - Why Worry? Joy Is The Key! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


**1100 DAYS of prayers now!!!
Please sign up for the new 11th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!!
Please click link below.

**NEW link for the 11th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign(from August 25 to December 03, 2012).

The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. What you need to do is very simple. Choose one dayThe easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week to pray for me, my family and my ministry, remembering the ministry of ACiC(ACiC has two Networks: ACiC, Anglican Coalition in Canada and AI, Asian Initiative). You may use the whole hour in prayer or you can still do you work in your office but use as much time as you can to pray and the other time work prayerfully that hour to pray for our ministry. This campaign is also to teach you that you need somebody to pray for you daily. I have been prayed for hourly the past 1,100 days and I have never experienced this kind of peace and protection before. It's just beyond words can express. If I did not listen and obey to Jesus call 1,100 days ago to start this prayer movement, I think I would be pulled into darkness and discouragement already! I deeply believe that this is a way to draw as many participation as we can in prayers. I encourage you to participate. We need you to join us! Trust in the power of prayers!

Today's Reading: Matthew 6: 25-34

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to read Matthew 6: 25-34

Bible Study

This passage is the second part of Jesus' challenge to all of us on priorities, whether God is our God or we have other "gods". Why we have so many worries everyday and not so much joy everyday.

N.T. Wright says:

Put the world first, and you'll find it gets moth-eaten in your hands.  Put God first, and you'll get the world thrown in.  Nor does Jesus mean, of course, that we should not plant seeds and reap harvests, or that we should not work at weaving and spinning to make clothes.  Rather, we should do these things with joy, because our God, our father, is the creator of all and wants to feed and clothe us- not gloomily, as though God were a mean tyrant who was out to get us and make life difficult for us. Of course, because we live in a world filled with anxiety, it's easy to let it rub off on us.  But the underlying principles of the whole Sermon on the Mount come together at this point in a huge but exhilarating challenge. God's kingdom, and the way of life that goes with it; the 'righteousness', or covenant behaviour, the way of life, that marks out God's people; these are the things you should aim at.  Then you'll find that food, drink and clothing look after themselves.

That's from N.T. Wright again. So, how much worry do you have lately? How much joy have you experienced today? What is the real problem concerning with your priority? 

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Why worry? Joy is the key!

What I got today is a question from Jesus to you of the real situation deep down from your heart. How much worry do you have lately and how much joy do you have today?

Yesterday I had a very special time with someone in my church. He wanted to make a business proposal to me. He said is "three wins".  I told him church is the place to focus on God but not business. I asked him how often did he had daily devotion. He said quite often and he used my podcast.  So I got on line with my iPhone and let him hear my podcast yesterday because Jesus was talking exactly the things he needed to hear. It was such a tailor-made message. He listened and then gave the iPhone back to me when it was playing the music and said, "Wow! This is so good!" I said, "How often do you listen to my podcast?" He said, "Very often!" I said, "You are lying! How come you do not know after the music is the most important part of my blog when I shared what I heard from Jesus that day. Don't lie to me!" He was caught by me in a sudden and said, "You are right. I need that reminder to have daily devotion. The world is too tough, I just can't do it." I said, "That's exactly the point. I can't do it. That's why Jesus asked me to have two hours everyday with Him three years ago so that I can do what He wants me to do and to have the sweetness and joy from Him everyday even I have to face all kinds of human weakness, darkness and discouragements everyday! You can't do it, only Jesus can help you each day to live joyfully." He said, "I want to have your sweetness and joy!" I said, "Then really use my blog to be with Jesus each day. Just 10 minutes and you can't have that 10 minutes to be with Jesus!"

I do hope and pray that Jesus already talked to you through this sharing and that you have a better chance to get out of your worries and live joyfully each day! Don't lie to yourself and others please! Jesus is Lord, not the world or worries from the world! Jesus is Lord, He so much want to pour down joy on you each day! He loves you! Jesus loves you!!! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for giving us this important message to set our priority right so that we can live joyfully each day. Help us to know that we cannot do it. Only to have you each day as our Saviour, Lord and King that we can enjoy to live in your Kingdom each day and not be eaten by the world or Satan. Holy Spirit, come and fill us now that we can receive the peace and joy from you and taste the sweetness of having Jesus as our Lord. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - I Offer My Life

Chinese praise song - 愛是不保留 Unreserved Love


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...