Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DAY 204 - How Can You Translate Your Sorrow for Others? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Today's Reading: Matthew 14: 13-22

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to read Matthew 14: 13-22

Bible Study

This is the famous Jesus feeds the five thousand passage. Usually we focus on how Jesus performed the miracle, what was the reactions of Jesus disciples, or perhaps using John's version the little boy who had the five loaves and two fish. Today, N.T. Wright helps us to focus on a new paradigm. If we want to see, experience or even perform miracles we have to understand what was really happening before Jesus performed the miracle.
Bishop Wright says:
Jesus' reaction here is the more remarkable.  He had lost John, his cousin and colleague.  He had lost him in a manner which must have warned Jesus of what lay ahead for him, too.  Yet when he slips away to be quiet and alone, the crowds discover and throng all around him.  And his reaction is not anger or frustration, but compassion.  He translates his sorrow over John, and perhaps his sorrow over himself, into sorrow for them.  

Wow, this is such a deep thought!  When we think of miracles we think of power and authority. But, before one can exercise the power and authority anointed by God, it's compassion!

How can you translate your sorrow for others because of compassion? 

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




Spiritual Journal


What I heard from Jesus today is: How can you translate your sorrow for others?

What I received from Jesus today is so deep and important. How often we miss the chance to serve those needy because we do not have compassion in the excuse of being busy and tired, or that's my day off, my holiday!

Yesterday(Monday) is my regular day-off, I received at least four phone calls and five emails that I need to take and reply. Some people suggest to me that I do not need to pick up the phone, check and reply emails or do any work on my day-off and holidays. Some people suggest that I should not write my two blogs and record two podcast on Sunday because I need Sabbath rest. They said if not I would be burnt out. I don't think so, I think if I don't do that I would be burnt out long time ago! These two hours daily is the source of my energy and the sweetest moment that I can be with Jesus. A daily intimate personal relationship with Jesus!

Today I understand why I keep on doing my blogs on Sunday and I pick up the phone and check my emails on day-off or holidays. It's because of compassion! I do not know how many people out there are waiting for my blogs and podcasts to connect with Jesus, to be fed and experience the miracle of the feeding of five thousands. So far as I know I have people from 90 countries using or used my two blogs and two podcasts as a way to be with Jesus. I have more than 400,000 hits on those blogs and I have no way to count the podcasts. 

Today, I understand I am just following Jesus way to have compassion to do what Jesus wants me to do and to love those whom Jesus wants me to love. That is you! You are so precious because you are reading now and listening to the podcast now.  Jesus loves you!

So, next time when you are busy or in sorrow, think of today's message that you can be able to translate your sorrow for others

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for your wonderful message and confirmation today that I am on the right track. Help us to be able to translate our sorrow for others.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - Cares Chorus

Chinese praise song - 愛是不保留 Unreserved Love



You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

係時候每天親親親爸父啦!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...