Sunday, March 24, 2013

DAY 349 - Jesus Is Innocent, We Are Not. Repent! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Please sign in now! Please!!!

**1300 DAYS of prayers now!!!
Please sign up for the new 12th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!!
Please click link below.



**NEW link for the 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (from March 15 to June 22, 2013)

The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. What you need to do is very simple. Choose one dayThe easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week to pray for me, my family and my ministry, remembering the ministry of ACiC(ACiC has two Networks: ACiC, Anglican Coalition in Canada and AI, Asian Initiative). You may use the whole hour in prayer or you can still do you work in your office but use as much time as you can to pray and the other time work prayerfully that hour to pray for our ministry. This campaign is also to teach you that you need somebody to pray for you daily. I have been prayed for hourly the past 1,200 days and I have never experienced this kind of peace and protection before. It's just beyond words can express. If I did not listen and obey to Jesus call 1,200 days ago to start this prayer movement, I think I would be pulled into darkness and discouragement already! I deeply believe that this is a way to draw as many participation as we can in prayers. I encourage you to participate. We need you to join us! Trust in the power of prayers!

Today's Reading: Luke 23:44-56

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Please click this link to read Luke 23:44-56

Bible Study

     Today's passage gives us the fact of Jesus death and burial. More important, Luke wants to help his readers to see that Jesus is innocent.

     N.T. Wright says:
     He began his book by telling 'Theophilus' that he could rely on these facts. And now that the most vital one is before us he presents his witnesses one by one.  The centurion saw what happened, and made his comment.  The crowds standing by saw what happened, and went home shocked and sad. Jesus' followers, not least the women, were standing at some distance, but they too saw what happened, and how the body was laid out.  Evidence. Eyewitnesses. This is what Luke promised, and this is what he's now giving us.
      But it's not just the fact of Jesus' death and burial that Luke is interested in at this point.  He is equally clear that Jesus died an innocent, righteous man...Just in case anyone in Luke's audience, perhaps an educated Roman, might comment that if Roman justice executed Jesus then there must have been some reason, Luke presents his Roman witness to make it clear, as he will do in Acts in relation to Paul, that Jesus was not guilty, that he had done nothing worthy of death.

     Jesus is innocent, and he died for you and me! Why? What has his death and burial to do with you? 
      
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: Jesus is innocent, we are not.  Repent! 

     What I got from Jesus today is an invitation to enter into the horrible picture of how Jesus died and buried. The horror is that he is innocent and yet he came to die for you and me.

     He is telling you now that, "I am innocent. You are not. Repent!"

     Saturday night I was too tired to do my two blogs and podcasts and I went to bed at 2a.m. after finished preparing for the sermon. Please forgive me that sometimes I could not have my blogs and podcasts finished in the morning on Sunday because I was too tired and busy on Saturday night and I knew that I had to go to sleep so that I could have strength to preach a good sermon.

    Yesterday was different. Yes, I was too tired to do anything after 2a.m., but if I wrote this blog yesterday morning I would not have this message now. Why? Because yesterday afternoon we had our annual Vestry. A good and spirit-filled one. Our new Rector's warden, Eddy Mak, told me two weeks ago that he got a message from the Lord that he needed to invite the whole church to repent at the end of the Vestry. And, it happened! We nearly had the shortest Vestry because everything finished in just one hour. And, Eddy came out and asked all our pastoral staff to come out and asked our people to pray for us. It was a one hour's prayer of confession of what we did to each others and those whom we hurt the past many years. We confessed, repented, cried, mourned for our sins, our pride, self-center, bitterness, anger...Our church was like heaven on earth when people heard the confessions of their bishop, pastors and leaders. One by one we came to the altar and knelt down to say our confession. The whole Richmond Emmanuel Church repent! We prayed for revival to come and prayed that our Lord Jesus Christ listened to our confession and cry!

     I was physically and spiritually so tired and I just went home and slept until now that I have a new strength to deliver this good news to all of you:
     Jesus is innocent, we are not. Repent!

     Jesus says, "I am innocent, you are not. Repent!" 
     What is your response? 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to see our sins so that we can repent. Knowing that you are innocent and we are not.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.












Please click this link to worship with us - 
Our Father

Chinese praise song - 
我的心你要稱頌耶和華 Praise the Lord, O My Soul




You can subscribe to my podcast feed here: in construction

You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 

不要被災難篩走了和親友的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...