Tuesday, May 14, 2013

DAY 360 - Everybody Understands Everybody (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Acts 2:5-13

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:


To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Please click this link to read Acts 2:5-13

Bible Study

     We are talking about the gift of tongues here in this passage. I enjoy yesterday's Leadership Conference in Royal Albert Hall very much. I think all 5,500 participants were filled by the Holy Spirit. I still remember two years ago when I was in this conference with our youth pastor Josh and interns Damon and Ignatius, Bishop Sandy Miller(previous Rector of HTB) went to the stage in the session about how to lead the Holy Spirit weekend. He stood there and said, "Holy Spirit is for us to be filled and experienced. Let's sing in tongues now." Then hundreds of people in Holy Trinity Brompton sang in tongues, and it was the most powerful and beautiful experience we ever had. 

     So, let's not argue on whether the gift of tongues is real or not. Let's have a heart of openness to know that it happened two thousand years ago and it is still happening now all over the world.  When the Holy Spirit comes, everybody understands everybody. When Satan comes, everybody misunderstands everybody.

     What have you got from Jesus today?

   
               
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: Everybody understands everybody

     What I got from Jesus today is such a wonderful "shock" to me. I have never thought of this message before. Yes, when the Holy Spirit comes, I have seen so many forgiving, accepting, understanding, connecting and life giving. I have also seen so many times when the dark force came then hatred, rejection, misunderstanding, disconnecting and killing.

    So, if you say that you have the gift of tongues, show me that you are more forgiving, accepting,understanding, connecting and life giving. That's what would happen to our lives when we are filled by the Holy Spirit. 

Dear Holy Spirit,
Fill us and pour down your fresh anointing on us now that we can receive those gifts you give us, empowering us to do the Kingdom ministry. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Photos I took in Today's Holy Trinity Brompton Leadership Conference. 5,500 attended! I had a pass to enter everybody could get in. Nicky saw me when he was testing the microphone. He said, "Bishop Silas, you are the one and only one guest in here this morning. Welcome!" I heard  great talks by our new Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby(I took a 45 min. video with my iPhone) and Bill Hybels. Great music led by Tim Hughes!
















Please click this link to worship with us - 
Holy Spirit Rain Down

Chinese praise song - 
聖靈請你來 Come, Holy Spirit




You can subscribe to my podcast feed here: in construction

You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 

主一出手,風浪止住,平靜了!

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...