Sunday, June 16, 2013

DAY 393 - How Well Do You Pray? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Please sign up for the new 14th 100 days 24/7 prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!!
Please click link below.

**NEW link for the  14th: 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (We are going to use this 13th list leads up to the 14th. 13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013)


 Leslie has a good progress the past three days. Let's pray on until Leslie is completely recovered.


Today's Reading: Acts 12:1-5

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:


To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Please click this link to read Acts 12:1-5

Bible Study

      This passage tells us that the persecution from the religious leaders got the attention and fear of the royal attention. King Herod killed one of the closest apostles of Jesus, James. He arrested Peter, the top leader of Jesus' disciples and wanted to do the same thing if he did not got any opposition.

     What could you do if you were one of those disciples of Jesus seeing your leader was going to be eliminated? What the whole church did is very simple and important:
     The church was earnestly praying to God for him.     Acts 12:5

     What was the use of their prayer? What if they lost hope, gave up and ran away on their own paths? Well, then what happened in tomorrow's passage might not happen.

     You should know the power of prayers because if you don't you would not be reading or listening to this blog/podcast. But, how much do your pray? How well do you pray?  
                              
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: How well do you pray?
    What I got from Jesus is a repeated invitation to you for more prayers, especially group prayer. Because everybody in the house church of Peter were locking themselves up and praying when Peter was arrested and was kept in prison.

     It is so easy to say we know how to pray. It is so easy to say that we have been keep on praying. But, it is so difficult to gather people to pray. 

     I sensed the danger of my family and ministry because the 24/7 prayer support has been diminishing and have been bagging for you just to add up one name in the list to pray for me. It has been a week and the list is still not filled up. Though, thanks for some one you, at least more then ten brothers and sisters added up their name. Just 10! You know what I mean, how difficult it is to ask people to pray for you. You may want to ask, "Why do I need to pray for you in your own way. I have my way to pray." My answer is that this is not my own way. This is Jesus way so that I am being protected.

    Do you know why King Herod killed James and then arrested Peter? Because James was not so important as Peter. King Herod wanted to test the water to see what would happen if he killed James. If every went well, than he killed Peter and eliminated the whole Jesus' group.

    It is that simple, Satan always wants to take out the head of Jesus' group. I as the Rector of a large size church and a bishop is the head of one of Jesus' group. And I am in danger of Satan's continuous "killing" plan and threat. I need you prayer protection just like Peter needed his prayer protection in today's chapter.

    Thanks for your prayers and your comforting words to Michelle the past few days after I posted Michelle's recent situation. The sign was not good a week ago because she was very tired, never happened before like that except that time when she got leukaemia four years ago.  And, suddenly I aware that the 24/7 prayer list is almost all empty. I was quite scared. Because I remember what Jesus told me four years ago. I need that 24/7 prayer in order to survive. You may think that I am exaggerating but I am not. Peter should have been dead if not for the prayers of his whole church. I or Michelle should be dead without your prayers. So serious? Yes, so serious. 

    The second thing I aware is that the attendance of our Saturday prayer meeting has been dropping. And that is another not good sign. So many of us know the power of prayers but we do not want to join in the prayer campaign or meeting your pastors initiated. Why? I don't know. You tell Jesus.

    Let me tell you once more. Without much prayers, your church would be in danger and nothing can help except prayers.

    Please come together to pray. Please join in to pray for me and Michelle. By the way, thanks for your prayers for Michelle, she is getting much better these few days. She has regular blood test and check up and the reading is still good. it's just that the way how she is so tired seems a sign of something bad would happen to her. And it all link up with the empty 24/7 list and the lack of participating in our Saturday prayer meeting.

    So, the only thing I received from Jesus today is to urge you to pray, pray and pray!!! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Lead us to be willing to pray, pray and pray. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


My email address: bishopsilasng@gmail.com

Please click this link to worship with us - 
Amazing Grace – My Chains Are Gone (Chris Tomlin)

Chinese praise song - 
一生最美的祝福 The Most Wonderful Blessing of My Life



You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 
Devotion on Fire 2(One year New Testament): 

Devotion on Fire(3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build(40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Emmanuel330 (40 weeks First Step Bible Study): 




Bible in One Year blog by Rev. Nicky Gumbel

好! 良善的僕人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...