Friday, December 19, 2014

OT DAY 103 - God Will Turn Bad Time into Good Time (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)

Let us praise the Lord:

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    you have loosed my sackcloth
    and clothed me with gladness,
12 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
                                                            Psalm 30:11-12
Today's Reading: Genesis 45:1-28

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:
http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html
To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Bible Study

      This is a very important passage in the Bible as well as a very encouraging passage to all of us. There are lots for us to think of. 


Let's take a look at what Professor John Goldingay says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Goldingay) :
    
     Joseph is the first great embodiment of Romans 8:28 " for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. " 
     While his experience in Egypt brings good to him in the power and prestige it gives him…The good that God brings out of these experiences is not merely the good it brings to Joseph but the good it brings to his family.  And that is not the end of it.  The point is that this is the family through which God is going to bring blessing to the world.   

John Goldingay. Genesis for Everyone - Part Two. Louisville,KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2010, p.160-161.



      If you are having bad time, in suffering, think about that. God can makes your bad time into good time if you trust Him enough! Do you trust Him? 

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe":  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmax47l2hLU

Spiritual Journal

    The title I heard from Jesus today is: God will turn bad time into good time

    What Jesus tells me today is a reminder of the power of one of my favourite Bible golden verses, Romans 8:28. It is very moving and powerful for me today understanding that Joseph is the first example of Romans 8:28 in the Bible.

    Jesus reminds me of all those bad times and sufferings since I was so young as just three years of age up to now. Nearly died in the hospital after a major operation when I was three, bad school reports since Primary School to High School that nearly made me killed myself, got into lots of troubles and lived in sins when I was young, being attacked numerous time since I became a priest twenty six years ago, Michelle got leukaemia and many more bad time.

     Wow! Jesus is leading me to count His blessings to my life because I have become more and more close to Him and be wiling to follow Him daily as my Lord and King! 



You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    you have loosed my sackcloth
    and clothed me with gladness,
12 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
                                                            Psalm 30:11-12

     God is good! All the time!
     All the time! God is good!
     Praise the Lord! Alleluia! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for all those bad times you have been using to restore my life and shape me to be a better disciple of you. Use me to open more people's eyes to see you are the only One who will turn bad times into good times because you love us. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen.

    Please click this link to the app. Andy Ng wrote. You really need to use that if you have an Android cel. Andy said he is going to do the App. for iPhone later:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.rec.app


Please click this link to worship with us -
You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 
Daily Devotion on Fire 2(2 years plan -One year New Testament, one year Old Testament): 

Daily Devotion on Fire (3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build (40 days daily devotion- For Renewal or First Step for new Christians): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Emmanuel330 (40 weeks First Step Bible Study): 

This blog:
Discipler 123 (Daily devotion using N.T. Wright's NT for Everyone as source)


Rev. Nicky Gumbel's daily devotion: Bible in One Year

不要被困難及災難拆散夫婦的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...