Tuesday, January 27, 2015

OT DAY 142 - On Eagles' Wings I Carry You (請到此 link 收聼廣東話 )

Let us praise the Lord:

On God rests my salvation and my glory;
    my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
                                             Psalm 62:7
Today's Reading: Exodus 19:1-4

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:
http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html
To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Bible Study

      This is a very emotional passage. If you were the Israelites and you know how to count God's blessings starting from the very beginning of Moses' leadership until here, what would you get?

      That's how God told Moses what they should remember: God carried them on eagles'  wings. Not eagle, but eagles! 


Let's take a look at what Professor John Goldingay says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Goldingay) :
    
       God has rescued them from their servitude to Egypt. (Admittedly, if you were an Israelite, you might think the language about eagle's wings was a bit rich.  "Eagle's wings? Excuse me, we walked.  That's why it took us two months to get here.") 

John Goldingay. Exodus & Leviticus for Everyone. Louisville,KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2010, p.76.





      So, do you think you would think like that Israelite think as Professor Goldingay said? Or, would you be in tears thanking God for carrying you on eagles'  wings?  


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to Felix Mendelssohn's On Wings of Song played by one of the greatest violinist Isaac Stern:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yj3RSxZmBQ

Spiritual Journal

    The title I heard from Jesus today is: On eagles' wings I carry you

    What I receive from Jesus today is a very, very emotional message. Jesus reminds me lots of things. He really carried me on eagle's wing so many times. He is reminding me of that image used in this passage. Can you imagine how God carry you like that?

     He reminds me one important event that I taught my younger brother how to interpret Felix Mendelssohn's "On Wings of Song" and I accompanied him on the piano while he played the trombone and got the top prize in a major Music Festival in Hong Kong when he was just 15 years of age. That competition changed his course of life because he entered into the Music Department of Chung Chi College, Chinese University of Hong Kong five years later. (I graduated from the same Music Department nines years before him) He then was called by God to go into seminary, got his Doctor of Theology four years ago and now is the Overseers of Victory Ministries International. You may click this link to learn something more about Dennis (http://revdennisng.blogspot.ca/ ).

    The reason for me to mention about my younger brother is that God reminds me of how events by events God carried me on wing's of eagle including those people He prepares me to take into those eagles' wings! I have been in a kind of non-stopping tears for an hour thinking about that and how much God loves me and raise me up on eagle's wing.And how much I love my brother Dennis and how much Dennis loves me !  Just like this song I am going to play to you now: On Eagle's wing.

    Praise the Lord and give thanks to Him now!  
    
Dear Lord Jesus,
Open our eyes to see how you have been carrying us on eagles'  wings. Thank you Lord for how much you love us. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


    Please click this link to the app. Andy Ng wrote. You really need to use that if you have an Android cel. Andy said he is going to do the App. for iPhone later:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.rec.app


Please click this link to worship with us -
You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 
Daily Devotion on Fire 2(2 years plan -One year New Testament, one year Old Testament): 

Daily Devotion on Fire (3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build (40 days daily devotion- For Renewal or First Step for new Christians): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Emmanuel330 (40 weeks First Step Bible Study): 

This blog:
Discipler 123 (Daily devotion using N.T. Wright's NT for Everyone as source)


Rev. Nicky Gumbel's daily devotion: Bible in One Year

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...