Sunday, May 31, 2015

OT DAY 218 - God Will Secure Your Position (Please click here for English podcast)

Please click the link below to my new 40 days Break.Build site any time you like to having a 40 days "Break.Build" daily devotion with one to two people as a discipler to help those Jesus prepares for you to disciple. You need to know that the call and purpose of my Break.Build and this Discipler123 blog/podcast is for you to become a discipler to help more people to have a daily intimate relationship with Jesus and then they can become disciplers too:
http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Please click these links to the app. Andy Ng wrote if you have an Android cel.:
Break.Build: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

        
           Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked,
                             from the grasp of the unjust and cruel man.
         For you, O Lord, are my hope,
                               my trust, O Lord, from my youth.
         Upon you I have leaned from before my birth;
                               you are he who took me from my mother's womb.
         My praise is continually of you.
                             Psalm 71:4-6

Confession and Repentance

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word (Numbers 17:1-13)

English(ESV): https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers 17&version=ESV


The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the people of Israel, and get from them staffs, one for each fathers' house, from all their chiefs according to their fathers' houses, twelve staffs. Write each man's name on his staff, and write Aaron's name on the staff of Levi. For there shall be one staff for the head of each fathers' house. Then you shall deposit them in the tent of meeting before the testimony, where I meet with you.And the staff of the man whom I choose shall sprout. Thus I will make to cease from methe grumblings of the people of Israel, which they grumble against you.”

                             Numbers 17:1-5

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"

My Listening
     After yesterday's terrible punishment from God of those who rebelled against Moses and Aaron, may be you think Moses and Aaron's position were secured. Not so! 
     This chapter gives us a true picture of how God used extraordinary way to show to the leaders of the other eleven tribes that Aaron tribe, the Livi should have the authority to do what God wanted them to do.
     The budding of Aaron's staff is a way to remind us that being God's servant is really not easy. People would not follow until God shows forth His power so that people won't stay in grumbling, slandering and doing all kinds of thing to hurt God's servant and want to pull them down.
     Which group you belong to now?  

Dear Lord Jesus, 
Open our eyes to see who are those leaders you appointed so that we can follow obediently without any grumbling. Give all your leaders courage to go through all those kind of painful and hurting time from the attack of people around us and that we can stand firm knowing that you will show forth your power and sign to secure our position.  In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
1. Which group do you belong to really? Grumbling always or supporting God's servants always? 

2. What kind of inspiration have you got from todays message so that you can get through with those dark hours that Moses and Aaron experienced? 

Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E

You may choose to follow my other daily blog:
Daily Devotion on Fire: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...