Tuesday, September 1, 2015

OT DAY 307 - Recite God's Words Often if You Want to Cross That River (Please click here for English podcast)

Please click the link below to my new 40 days Break.Build site any time you like to having a 40 days "Break.Build" daily devotion with one to two people as a discipler to help those Jesus prepares for you to disciple. You need to know that the call and purpose of my Break.Build and this Discipler123 blog/podcast is for you to become a discipler to help more people to have a daily intimate relationship with Jesus and then they can become disciplers too:
http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Please click these links to the app. Andy Ng wrote if you have an Android cel.:
Break.Build: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

        
    Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
            for his steadfast love endures forever!
         Psalm 107:1

Confession and Repentance

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."


Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you?Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” 10 And Joshua commanded the officers of the people, 11 “Pass through the midst of the camp and command the people, ‘Prepare your provisions, for within three days you are to pass over this Jordan to go in to take possession of the land that the Lord your God is giving you to possess.’”
                           Joshua 1: 6-11

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmax47l2hLU

My Listening

      You have to listen to this message, carefully. The topic I received from Jesus yesterday was "Do You Have A River to Cross?". Today, astonishing, the topic I received from Jesus is to tell you if you want to cross that river Jesus commands you to cross, you have to recite God's words as often as you can. 

Let's see how Professor John Goldingay tells us: 
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Goldingay) :
    
     The key to successful leadership is sticking close to the teaching Moses has bequeathed to Joshua. One might have expected God to say that he is to keep this teaching in his mind; God actually says he is to keep it in his mouth. In other words, he is to "recite" it. The word God uses is one that denotes meditation, but not a meditation that goes on simply inside Joshua's head. When children are first learning to read, they often read out loud; only later do they learn to read silently. When Jews read Scripture, they mouth the words. This may seem less sophisticated, but it means that reading involves not only the mind but the body and thus potentially the whole person. It may then have a better chance of influencing the whole person's life. Joshua's having Moses' teaching on his lips in this way does not relate to his teaching it to the people. It is rather the foundation of his own life as Moses' disciple and God's disciple. 

John Goldingay. Joshua, Judges and Ruth for Everyone. Louisville,KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2011, p.9.





     Today I received another question from Jesus to you following yesterday's question "Do you have a river to cross?". And, today's question is: 

     How often do you recite God's Words?

     I have been reciting God's words daily through my podcasts since March 7, 2011 when I started this Discipler123 blog/podcast. 

     Then, August 17, 2015 become the date I started copying the Bible from Genesis.

     Surprisingly, I started to recite loudly Rev. Dr. Abraham Poon's Time with Abba's daily list on August 23, 2015, just ten days ago. Reading out loudly of the whole reading list usually needs 15 to 20 minutes, and the copying needs 45 minutes to one hour each day. Together with my daily devotion time to prepare my daily blog/podcast of almost two hours each day, I am now having 2 1/2 hours to three hours each day to be with God through the Bible. Do I have that time in the midst of my busy schedule? NO! Can I do that? YES!

     The most important thing is, I feel more peaceful, joyful and secure. It is like a boat going to the harbour and lowering down the anchor. Safe and secure!

     So, my invitation to you is that this is the right path for you to go.

     Recite God's Words often if you want to cross that river.

     Are you willing to join me daily to do that? 

Dear Lord Jesus, 
Help us to be strong and courageous to recite your Words daily as often as we can so that we can cross that river you command us to cross. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
1. Does today's message and invitation give you a surprise? Are you going to accept the invitation and challenge?

2. What have you got from Jesus today?

Today's Time with Abba daily reading that I recited loudly
Psalm 97:1-6
Job 40:1 - 42:27
2 Cor. 5:11-21
Proverbs 22:14

Photos of my copying the Bible today using Time with Abba passages today










Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons

You may choose to follow my other daily blog:
Daily Devotion on Fire: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/

主一出手,風浪止住,平靜了!

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...