Saturday, December 12, 2015

OT DAY 398 - Hide under God's Skirts (Please click here for English podcast)

Please click the link below to my new 40 days Break.Build site any time you like to having a 40 days "Break.Build" daily devotion with one to two people as a discipler to help those Jesus prepares for you to disciple. You need to know that the call and purpose of my Break.Build and this Discipler123 blog/podcast is for you to become a discipler to help more people to have a daily intimate relationship with Jesus and then they can become disciplers too:
http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Please click these links to the app. Andy Ng wrote if you have an Android cel.:
Break.Build: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

   Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
       for in you I trust.
    Make me know the way I should go,
       for to you I lift up my soul.
                    Psalm 143:8

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word (Ruth 2:10-23)


10 Then she fell on her face, bowing to the ground, and said to him, “Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?” 11 But Boaz answered her, “All that you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband has been fully told to me, and how you left your father and mother and your native land and came to a people that you did not know before. 12 The Lord repay you for what you have done, and a full reward be given you by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge!” 13 Then she said, “I have found favor in your eyes, my lord, for you have comforted me and spoken kindly to your servant, though I am not one of your servants.”
                 Ruth 2:10-13

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmax47l2hLU

My Listening
          Today we learn a good word and a wonderful picture through how Boaz spoke to Ruth. 

         Let's see how Professor John Goldingay tells us: 
    
         Boaz uses a significant expression in explaining his generosity to Ruth. Why do you care about a foreigner like me? She asks…
         The way Boaz puts it is by speaking of Ruth's coming for refuge with Yahweh, under Yahweh's skirts. The Hebrew word for the "skirts" of a robe is also the word for the "wings" of a bird (which are like its skirts), so one can imagine chicks hiding behind their mother hens's feathers as well as children hiding behind their mother's skirts. Translations usually assume that Boaz means "wings," but in the next chapter Ruth turns his words back on him, and there she uses the word to mean "skirts."
         Boaz has heard about the way she has committed herself to Naomi and knows that she has taken refuge under Yahweh's skirts as well as under Israel's skirts. It is what Israelites themselves do: they pray, "Will you hide me in the shadow of your skirts/wings" (Psalm 17:8)

John Goldingay. Joshua, Judges and Ruth for Everyone. Louisville,KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2011, p.176-177.

       
           Wow! If we can remember this word "skirts" and the vivid picture of children hiding under their mother's skirts, we won't have fear any more! God can be like a mother loving their children!

    No fear any more indeed! 
        
    Dear Lord Jesus, 
    Help us to remember that we can always hide under your skirts when we face something we are not able to bear.  In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
    1. How do this imagery helps you to cast all your fear? 

2. Do you think you really are able to hide under God's skirt when hard time comes  

3. What have you got from Jesus today?

Today's Time with Abba daily reading:
Psalm 139:13-18
Amos 7:1-9:15
Revelation 3:7-22
Proverbs 29:23

Photos of my copying the Bible yesterday using Time with Abba passages 








Yesterday we successfully completed a seven days 7a.m. Copying the Bible class. We had around 30 people participated every morning from 7a.m. to 8:10a.m..








Praise and Thanksgiving

Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons

You may choose to follow my other daily blog:
Daily Devotion on Fire: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/
Break.Build: http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

好! 良善的僕人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...