Friday, May 6, 2016

OT DAY 474 - Be Faithful to God, God Will Send Faithful Helpers Surrounding You (Please click here for English podcast)

Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

       I love you, O Lord, my strength.
        The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
          my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
          my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
        I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
           and I am saved from my enemies.

                                     Psalm 18:1-3

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word (2 Samuel 23:1-39)


       
        Now these are the last words of David:
The oracle of David, the son of Jesse,
    the oracle of the man who was raised on high,
the anointed of the God of Jacob,
    the sweet psalmist of Israel:
“The Spirit of the Lord speaks by me;
    his word is on my tongue.
The God of Israel has spoken;
    the Rock of Israel has said to me:
When one rules justly over men,
    ruling in the fear of God,
he dawns on them like the morning light,
    like the sun shining forth on a cloudless morning,
    like rain that makes grass to sprout from the earth.
“For does not my house stand so with God?
    For he has made with me an everlasting covenant,
    ordered in all things and secure.
For will he not cause to prosper
    all my help and my desire?
But worthless men are all like thorns that are thrown away,
    for they cannot be taken with the hand;
but the man who touches them
    arms himself with iron and the shaft of a spear,
    and they are utterly consumed with fire.”
These are the names of the mighty men whom David had: Josheb-basshebeth a Tahchemonite; he was chief of the three. He wielded his spear against eight hundred whom he killed at one time.
And next to him among the three mighty men was Eleazar the son of Dodo, son of Ahohi.
                                         2  Samuel 23:1-9

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"

    My Listening

          The last words of David include a list of those mighty men who were faithful to David. Because David is faithful to God! 

    Let's see how Professor John Goldingay tells us: 

          Initially the poem is an objective, general statement. It's not about anyone in particular; it simply declares how leadership is supposed to work, with a ruler being faithful and ruling in reverence for God. 

John Goldingay. 1 and 2 Samuel for Everyone. Louisville,KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2011, p.167, 168-169.


       David without mighty men to follow would not be David. A Leader without mighty men and women to follow would not be a leader. The key is, if you are faithful to God, God will surely send His faithful servants to support you, care for you, love you and walk with you.

       Thank you for all those of you who have been supporting me, praying for me, loving me and walking with me! I love you all! 


Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for sending all those brothers and sisters who have been supporting me, praying for me, loving me and walking with me all through the past many years. Help me to be more and more faithful to you so that I can experience your wonderful protection and power. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
   1. Do you think if you are faithful to God, God will send more faithful people surrounding you?

2. What are the things blocking you and Jesus that you cannot receive that kind of faithfulness from brothers and sisters

    3. What have you got from Jesus today?

Praise and Thanksgiving

10,000 Reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E


四十天的"破. 立"靈修:

如果你有 Android cel. 請按此處上載程式,可直接一按收聽最近之十次廣播:

破.立 Break.Build: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app


歡迎你使用三年三個月讀完新舊約聖經blog: 
     http://discipler123.blogspot.com/ 

Today is our 128 days non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:30a.m. to 7:30a.m. Saturday 8a.m. to 9:45a.m., Sunday 7:30a.m. to 8:30a.m.


The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Pictures today's morning at 6:30a.m.-7:30a.m. Prayer Meeting:








這日子如同網羅忽然臨到!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...