Wednesday, July 6, 2016

OT DAY 504 - No Matter What, Don't Quit! (Please click here for English podcast)

Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

       One thing have I asked of the Lord,
         that will I seek after:
         that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
         all the days of my life,
         to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
         and to inquire in his temple.
      For he will hide me in his shelter
         in the day of trouble;
        he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
        he will lift me high upon a rock.

      And now my head shall be lifted up
        above my enemies all around me,
        and I will offer in his tent
        sacrifices with shouts of joy;
      I will sing and make melody to the Lord.


                                     Psalm 27:4-6

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word (1 Kings 19:1-4)


Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So may the gods do to me and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by this time tomorrow.” Then he was afraid, and he arose and ran for his life and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there.
But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he asked that he might die, saying, “It is enough; now, OLord, take away my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” 
                                         1 Kings 19:1-4

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"

    My Listening

          The passages in the coming few days are one of those rare passages in the whole Bible which helps me the most. How so? Help me to acknowledge that I always want to quit and help me to receive Jesus comforting word, "No matter what, don't quit!" 

    Let's see how Professor John Goldingay tells us: 
     (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Goldingay) : 
         In my microscopic way I identify with Elijah when he comes to the conclusion that his work as a prophet is a total failure; and the way God deals with me overlaps with the way God speaks to Elijah…
           Elijah is inclined to see things as bleaker than they are and to think that he is the only prophet loyal to Yahweh who is still left. Is it the case that he knows how to stand up to a man like Ahab but not a woman like Jezebel? 
         
John Goldingay. 1 and 2 Kings for Everyone. Louisville,KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2011, p.90.

          It is so easy for us to forget how God saved, protected and guided us. And when we reach to a point out of our expectation and fell into discouragement we tends to think of one word: QUIT!
           I have seen too many people who quit their job, their marriage, their ministry and their God! That kind of poisonous "quit" destroy everything God has been helping you to build up.
           We are human being and it is so natural for us to be discouraged and think of that word "quit". 
           So, today God gives you a big gift, two words: Don't quit! 
           No matter what, don't quit!

           Tomorrow's passage will show us how God helps Elijah from his wish to quit to not quit.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to catch your word "don't quit" so that we will never be discouraged and quit. Come Holy Spirit, come, fill us that we are being freshly anointed, encouraged and strengthened.  In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.


Reflect on these questions:
    1. How many times have you thought of the word "quit" in the past 12 months?   

2. Are you being encouraged and strengthened now? How so? 

    3. What have you got from Jesus today?

10,000 Reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E


四十天的"破. 立"靈修:

如果你有 Android cel. 請按此處上載程式,可直接一按收聽最近之十次廣播:

破.立 Break.Build: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app


歡迎你使用三年三個月讀完新舊約聖經blog: 
     http://discipler123.blogspot.com/ 


Today is our 188 days non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:30a.m. to 7:30a.m. Saturday 8a.m. to 9:45a.m., Sunday 7:30a.m. to 8:30a.m.



The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Pictures of today 6:30a.m. Prayer Meeting:







誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...