Friday, August 5, 2016

OT DAY 523 - Receive Your Discipler's Baton Secret 2: I Do, You Watch (Please click here for English podcast)

Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

      You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
          you have loosed my sackcloth
          and clothed me with gladness,
       that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
        Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
                                     Psalm 30:11-12

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word (2 Kings 2:7-15)


 Fifty men of the sons of the prophets also went and stood at some distance from them, as they both were standing by the Jordan. Then Elijah took his cloak and rolled it up and struck the water, and the water was parted to the one side and to the other, till the two of them could go over on dry ground.
When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask what I shall do for you, before I am taken from you.” And Elisha said, “Please let there be a double portion of your spirit on me.” 10 And he said, “You have asked a hard thing; yet, if you see me as I am being taken from you, it shall be so for you, but if you do not see me, it shall not be so.” 11 And as they still went on and talked, behold, chariots of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12 And Elisha saw it and he cried, “My father, my father! The chariots of Israel and its horsemen!” And he saw him no more.
Then he took hold of his own clothes and tore them in two pieces. 13 And he took up the cloak of Elijah that had fallen from him and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan. 14 Then he took the cloak of Elijah that had fallen from him and struck the water, saying, “Where is theLord, the God of Elijah?” And when he had struck the water, the water was parted to the one side and to the other, and Elisha went over.
15 Now when the sons of the prophets who were at Jericho saw him opposite them, they said, “The spirit of Elijah rests on Elisha.” And they came to meet him and bowed to the ground before him. 
                                      2 Kings 2:7-15

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"

    My Listening

           I learned from my coach Dr. Terry Walling a very simple coaching method:
           I do, you watch
           I do, you help
           You do, I help
           You do, I watch

           Here we have a similar way of learning and passing of baton. Elisha saw and learned from Elijah, he did that in the same way. Elijah used his clock and struck the water, then the water divided to the right and to the left and Elijah and Elisha crossed the river of Jordan. Elisha did exactly the same way and same miracle happened!
          What kind of encouragement did Elisha received? I think that is a big, big encouragement and faith.
          Do you have a coach, mentor or spiritual father to follow? Well, usually in this modern age we do not want to follow like that because we like to think that we have our own ideas and ways of doing things. Usually we follow in only 10% or at most 20% of what we got from our coach. Then, may be we could only receive 10% to at most 20% from our coach, what a waste! 

    Dear Lord Jesus,
    Help us to find good coaches so that we can receive good ways of doing your Kingdom ministry and to exercise your Kingdom authority. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
    1. After Elisha successfully using 100% of Elijah's way and experience his newly gained spiritual power, how did he feel?

2. Do you think same kind of experience would happen to you or to your disciples if you follow this simple pattern of discipleship?

    3. What have you got from Jesus today?

10,000 Reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E


四十天的"破. 立"靈修:

如果你有 Android cel. 請按此處上載程式,可直接一按收聽最近之十次廣播:

破.立 Break.Build: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app


歡迎你使用三年三個月讀完新舊約聖經blog: 
     http://discipler123.blogspot.com/ 


Today is our 218 days non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:30a.m. to 7:30a.m. Saturday 8a.m. to 9:45a.m., Sunday 7:30a.m. to 8:30a.m.



The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Pictures of this morning 6:30a.m. Prayer Meeting at Richmond Emmanuel Church:














誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...