Sunday, August 7, 2016

OT DAY 524 - Receive Your Discipler's Baton Secret 3: Bold to Ask, Stay Close to Your Coach (Please click here for English podcast)

Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

      You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
          you have loosed my sackcloth
          and clothed me with gladness,
       that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
        Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
                                     Psalm 30:11-12

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word (2 Kings 2:9-10)


When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask what I shall do for you, before I am taken from you.” And Elisha said, “Please let there be a double portion of your spirit on me.” 10 And he said, “You have asked a hard thing; yet, if you see me as I am being taken from you, it shall be so for you, but if you do not see me, it shall not be so.”                                        2 Kings 2:9-10

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"

    My Listening

           The third secret to receive your coach's gift is to have the courage to ask boldly. Boldly in a way that you feel what God wants you to ask. Boldly in a way that you know that God will listen to your request and prayers. And, after you ask, you need to stay as close to your coach as possible in order to receive what you have asked. It's not easy, because first we do not have the courage to ask, second we do not have time to stay close to our coach because we do not have that time. 

    Let's see how Professor John Goldingay tells us: 


           The double share of someone's legacy is the share allocated to the firstborn son, in recognition of the fact that he has responsibility for the family's welfare and future, and for the fulfilling of its responsibility to vulnerable people outside it such as widows and orphans and immigrants. In effect Elisha is asking to have the resources that will make it possible for him to be Elijah's successor. Elijah knows he cannot decide that he will had them; it is God's business. The story thus points to another aspect of the relationship between divine decision making and human volunteering in connection with someone's becoming a prophet. 

John Goldingay. 1 and 2 Kings for Everyone. Louisville,KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2011, p.112-113.

     Do you have a coach to stay close by? Do you have the courage to ask your coach to pass on his/her gift to you in a bold way?

    Dear Lord Jesus,
    Help us to find good coaches and to stay close with our coaches. Give us courage to ask what you want us to ask boldly so that we can receive a double portion of their gifts from our coaches. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
   1. If you were Elisha, do you have that courage to ask for double portion? Why YES or why NO?

2. How can you stay close to your coaches? How can you have the courage to ask for double portion?

    3. What have you got from Jesus today?

10,000 Reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E


四十天的"破. 立"靈修:

如果你有 Android cel. 請按此處上載程式,可直接一按收聽最近之十次廣播:

破.立 Break.Build: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app


歡迎你使用三年三個月讀完新舊約聖經blog: 
     http://discipler123.blogspot.com/ 


Today is our 220 days non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:30a.m. to 7:30a.m. Saturday 8a.m. to 9:45a.m., Sunday 7:30a.m. to 8:30a.m.


The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Pictures of last Friday morning 6:30a.m. Prayer Meeting at Richmond Emmanuel Church:















不要被困難及災難拆散夫婦的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...