Thursday, November 24, 2016

OT DAY 570 - To Return to God, Walk in His Ways (Please click here for English podcast)

Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

      I waited patiently for the Lord;
          he inclined to me and heard my cry.
       He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
          out of the miry bog,
          and set my feet upon a rock,
           making my steps secure.

        He put a new song in my mouth,
           a song of praise to our God.
       Many will see and fear,
            and put their trust in the Lord.


        
                                                             Psalm 40:1-3

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word (2 Kings 23:21-27)


21 And the king commanded all the people, “Keep the Passover to the Lord your God, as it is written in this Book of the Covenant.” 22 For no such Passover had been kept since the days of the judges who judged Israel, or during all the days of the kings of Israel or of the kings of Judah. 23 But in the eighteenth year of King Josiah this Passover was kept to the Lord in Jerusalem.
24 Moreover, Josiah put away the mediums and the necromancers and the household gods and the idols and all the abominations that were seen in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, that he might establish the words of the law that were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord. 25 Before him there was no king like him, who turned to the Lord with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his might, according to all the Law of Moses, nor did any like him arise after him.
26 Still the Lord did not turn from the burning of his great wrath, by which his anger was kindled against Judah, because of all the provocations with which Manasseh had provoked him. 27 And the Lord said, “I will remove Judah also out of my sight,as I have removed Israel, and I will cast off this city that I have chosen, Jerusalem,and the house of which I said, My name shall be there.”
                                           2 Kings 23:21-27
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"

    My Listening

           As  King Josiah took his first step to renew the covenant with God and took away everything an idol worship had, he led the whole nation to do what was recorded in God's law, starting with celebrating the Passover. The sad thing is that since the days of the judges there wasn't a king who kept the feast of Passover. That is why it says in verse 25:

    Before him there was no king like him, who turned to the Lord with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his might, according to all the Law of Moses, nor did any like him arise after him.
           
           If we say we have returned to God worshipping Him as Lord and King, how well are we keeping His Law, following His Way to tell us how we live, that is our lifestyle. Does our lifestyle a lifestyle worshipping God as God or worshipping other things as gods!

    Dear Lord Jesus,
    Help us to return to you and that we follow your way and not the way of this world. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
   1. Does our lifestyle a lifestyle worshipping God as God or worshipping other things as gods?

2. Can you have a prayer to ask the Holy Spirit to help and lead you to have a lifestyle worshipping God as God? 

    3. What have you got from Jesus today?

10,000 Reasons

四十天的"破. 立"靈修:

如果你有 Android cel. 請按此處上載程式,可直接一按收聽最近之十次廣播:


Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 
     http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/day-1-i-am-blind.html

Today is our 329 days non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:30a.m. to 7:30a.m. Saturday 8a.m. to 9:45a.m., Sunday 7:30a.m. to 8:30a.m.

The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Pictures of yesterday's Time with Abba at 6:30a.m.:










我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...