Monday, August 13, 2018

DAY 218 (2018) - The Lord's roll call! You say: Present! (Please click here for English podcast)

*If this is your first time to have daily devotion or you have not had daily devotion for a long time, I suggest you to use this link for a 40 days of daily devotion through Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, my Break.Build blog/podcast:


    40 Days Break.Build daily devotion:


**If you would like to have me to walk with you for three years and three months to read through the whole Bible with one chapter a day, please click my fist blog "Devotion on Fire":

http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/day-1-i-am-blind.html

If you would like to purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:

Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle
             
Amazon.ca

Barnes and Noble

Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people


Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 87:1-7; Nehemiah 5:14-7:60; 1 Corinthians 8:1-13Proverbs 21:8-10)

Bible link:
English(ESV):https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=列+王+紀+下+13&version=ESV

PAUSE HERE!!!
Please read all four passages first before reading my sharing.

To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link:


Please see below the passages I copied today:








 My Listening
    The topic I received from Jesus is: "The Lord's roll call! You say: Present! "

     Today the Lord invited me to replace the name of "his city", "the holy mountain", "Zion""city of God" to be the name of our church "REC"(Richmond Emmanuel Church).

         When I did that, I have a very warm and strong feeling of how God so wants to let His promise in today's Psalm happens to all His churches on earth!

         Actually I think most Christians do not have a chance to go to Jerusalem, and even if we have the opportunity we won't be able to go there too many times. It is a teaching and promise to the Israelites of how important the city of God is and how God prepares the Temple for them to worship Him. For us as Christians, it means our going to our church to worship Him in the church, weekly, and perhaps for some of us, daily!  

          The message I received this morning is that when we do so weekly or daily,  it would be a kind of roll call by the Lord, just like a primary school or high school teacher has the roll call and we need to say: Present.

         God says to me each day when I go in the gate of REC to copy the Bible, 
l.   listen to His voice and worship Him. And, my entering into the gate, the front
     door of REC is like I hear God's roll call: Silas Ng. I say daily: Present.

         The most interesting thing happened last night was that I attend Pui Ching Middle School's  (the school 培正中學 I had my Kindergarten, Primary School and High School) - International Alumni Convention世界同學日大會 I found out from a classmate that there is a list of the names of my class when I was in Grade 8(Form 2 in Hong Kong). And, I found out Rev. Dr. Peter Ho's 何志滌牧師name is No. 9 in my class (中二真) and I am No. 3!!! I sent him a message and he replied in less than five minutes: "Really? We are leaving HK to Toronto for Pui Ching reunion." 



          Also, I had the honour to have the Principal of Pui Ching Middle School Mr. Y. Y. Tam 譚日旭校長to join our Sunday 11am service and later in the evening in the dinner I have the honour to know the new principal, Mr. L. K. Ho 何力高校長.




       That may be a co-incidence or it may be a confirmation of how the Lord reminds us of the importance of today's Psalm and Nehemiah is all about our names in His register of His people! So many names in today's Nehemiah!

         Today's 1 Corinthians of "whoever loves God is known by God". (1 For. 8:3)also give us a related message that God so loves us to come to His Temple to worship Him so that we know and love Him more and He knows and loves us more!

            Are you being alerted to God's daily roll call now? Well, if you can't go to your church to worship Him like most people in this world, that's the call of your daily devotion. Even though, going to your church to praise and worship daily is really the best according to today's the three passages today.

            So, are you ready to say: Present?


     Dear Lord Jesus, 
     Help us to know that we have to take prompt action to be in your Temple daily and so that we can love you more and know you more. In Jesus name we pray. Amen. 
                  
      Reflect on these questions:
      1. How do you understand the significance of your being close to the Lord in His Temple?


      2. What is your next step to achieve that?

      3. What have you received from Jesus today?

    Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


     40 Days Break.Build daily devotion:

If you have an Android cel. please click this site to download an app. to listen in a users' friendly way:
Discipler123: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.rec.app


Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 
     40 Days Break.Build daily devotion:

    If you have an Android cel. please click this site to download an app. to listen in a users' friendly way:

    Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

     Today is our  DAY 213 in 2018 non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:00am to 7:30am Thursday night 8pm to 9:30pm, Saturday 8am to 9:45am, Sunday 7:00am to 8:25am


The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

     Also, we started to have a weekly Thursday TWA at 8p.m. two months ago, a weekly Friday TWA for moms with child care last Friday and a weekly TWA led by Pastoral Care School leader at 7p.m. four years ago. 
    
Please find wonderful pictures of our TWA at Richmond Emmanuel Church:
      Daily copying the Bible and small groups praying in front of Janelle's wonderful painting "Story of God's salvation"



     Ram horns sounding daily to welcome the presence of our might God and to open our souls to prepare receiving His message:





     Three generations TWA worship:


     Daily communion after TWA:


     Parents praying with their daughter: (Rev. Ignatius Ng, Anna Ng and Zoe Glory Ng)



     Mom's TWA:



No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...