Please click the title above for the audio podcast "Discipler 123" Cantonese Version.
You can subscribe to my podcast feed here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123
You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009. The easiest way to go to my first blog is to type my name "Silas Ng" and have a google search. It will be on top of the list and the name of the blog is "Devotion on Fire". The site of this blog is:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html
Today's Reading: Matthew 10
Please read Matthew 10 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to worship with us - Take Up Your Cross
Please click the links below to Matthew 10:
- Chinese: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 10&version=CUV
- NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 10&version=NIV
- ESV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 10&version=ESV
- Message: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 10&version=MSG
Matthew 10: 1
After you say YES to Jesus to be a worker for His harvest field, then the process of what His disciples experienced may be the same which you are going to experience:
Authority: He will give you authority to do the things you are not able to do. (v. 1)
1. Direction: He will give you direction as to where to go. (vv. 5 - 6)
2. Mission: He will give you a mission as a kind of job description. (vv. 7 - 8)
3. Passion: He will give you passion so that you will experience his provision. (vv. 9 - 10)
4. Vision: He will give you vision so that you know your Major Role and priority. (vv. 11- 14)
That's the Cross that Jesus asks you to take to be His disciple, and that's the way that you are going to experience if you say YES to Him!
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for recruiting us to be your disciples. Help us to take up our cross and follow you so that we can receive authority from you to further your Kingdom. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
Please click this link to worship and SAY YES TO JESUS with us -
Trading my Sorrows
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage those who join our Disciplers 123 to have a place to start their daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus. There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
- A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
- A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
- An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!