Please click the title above for the audio podcast "Discipler 123" Cantonese Version.
You can subscribe to my podcast feed here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123
You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009. The easiest way to go to my first blog is to type my name "Silas Ng" and have a google search. It will be on top of the list and the name of the blog is "Devotion on Fire". The site of this blog is:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html
Today's Reading: Matthew 6
Please read Matthew 6 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to worship with us - All I Need Is You
Please click the links below to Matthew 6:
- Chinese: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 6&version=CUV
- NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 6&version=NIV
- ESV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 6&version=ESV
- Message: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 6&version=MSG
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6: 24
Jesus led me to remember a question from Michelle a long time ago, "You spend so much time to counsel so many parishioners; do I need to book an appointment for you to counsel me?" I had to repent at that time that I did not spend more time with Michelle. This was wrong. I learned to have more time with Michelle and have a renewed relationship with her. Then I experienced how sweet it can be to have more time with my wife!
Jesus led me to remember a question from Him almost two years ago, "Do you think you can be a good bishop without spending more time with me each day?" I had to repent at that time that I did not have daily devotions because I reasoned myself to be too busy. I learned to have more time with Jesus and have a renewed relationship with Him. Then I experienced how sweet it can be to have more time with Jesus!
Busy-ness is not a reason for you not being able to spend more time with Jesus. It is not even an excuse. It is something to put on your eyes to blind you and to bring darkness to you. (vv. 22-23) You really need to spend more time with Jesus daily? You really need to help others to spend more time with Jesus daily?
Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to spend more time with you so that we can taste the sweetness of being with you and that we can serve you and you solely. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
Please click this link to worship with us - Come to Jesus
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage those who join our Disciplers 123 to have a place to start their daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus. There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
- A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
- A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
- An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!