Saturday, March 12, 2011

DAY 7 - Followers Became Killers!




Please click the title above for the audio podcast "Discipler 123" Cantonese Version.
You can subscribe to my podcast feed here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009. The easiest way to go to my first blog is to type my name "Silas Ng" and have a google search. It will be on top of the list and the name of the blog is "Devotion on Fire". The site of this blog is:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html

Today's Reading: John 7
Please read John 7 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to worship with us - Emmanuel

Please click the links below to John 7:
After this, Jesus went around in Galilee, purposely staying away from Judea because the Jews there were waiting to take his life...For even his own brothers did not believe in him. John 7: 1, 5

"Why are you trying to kill me?" "You are demon-possessed," the crowd answered. "Who is trying to kill you?" John 7: 19-20

"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to received. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
John 7: 37-39


Yesterday at 5a.m, someone from our church called, "Silas, do you know that there was an earthquake in Japan? The tsunami is coming to the West Coast, should I leave Richmond right now and drive to a higher place?"I said, "No, no, no. Don't panic. It's OK. Stay and go to sleep." At 5:30a.m, my sister Ada called from Hong Kong telling me similar things and told me that I needed to be alert. At 7a.m. she called again and told me to buy enough food to store at home in case.

There are always quite a number of things which happen in our life so unexpectedly that can cause us to live in fear each day. Just like what Jesus experienced in this chapter, some of his followers left him. Then it says that there were a lot of people waiting to kill him. Why? Sometimes your followers might become your 'killers' because they don't believe you any more. Their attitude changes from trusting to against, from against to 'killing'. It happens! So are we living in fear?!

No, Jesus gives us the answer today. We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit. We need to drink from Jesus daily from His Word, believe in Him, walk with Him. In this way, we will be filled with the Holy Spirit daily so that living water will flow from within us. How wonderful and beautiful! It's not theory but a reality! Don't leave Jesus; stay with His Word and listen to Him daily. Only the daily intimate personal relationship with Jesus and the filling of the Holy Spirit can help you to live in abundance and not fear!

Dear Holy Spirit,
Come and fill me so that I will not live in fear, facing all those unknown things in the future but rather living joyfully and securely because Jesus is my Lord and Savior. He is my good shepherd and I shall not be in want. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - Holy Spirit Rain Down


Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage those who join our Disciplers 123 to have a place to start their daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus.

There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
  1. A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
  2. A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
  3. An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!

No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...