Saturday, June 11, 2011

DAY 99- We Really Need More Disciplers!!!

(There is a major mulfunction to blogger.com on my blog. I am going to use the simplest way to write my blog until it is being fixed.)

NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 9&version=NIV
ESV:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 9&version=ESV
Message:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 9&version=MSG
Chinese:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 9&version=CUV

Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus.... After many days had gone by, the Jews conspired to kill him... Acts 9: 19, 23

I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus. Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter and stayed with him fifteen days.
Galatians 1: 17-18

I do hope you see Ananias role was a Discipler helping and equipping Paul before he started his powerful ministry. If you do not go to Galatians 1: 17-18 you won't know that when Acts talks about "After many days had gone by" was really three years! We do not know how long did Ananias discipled Paul but it seems that three years Ananias was the only one who could have an opportunity to help Paul.

I had a wonderful experience in the plane flying back from London. I had some meaningful talk with the gentleman who sat beside me his name is Andrew. Andrew is a farmer and I asked him how importance it is as in Jesus parable of the growing seeds of the "stalk" stage. He said that is the most important stage and the only stage farmers do most of the work. After this stage they just need to do some regular things and everything depends on nature.

He said seeds must be correctly positioned in deepth and width. And the farmers needs to prepare the soil as Jesus said in the parable. I talked to him about my Doctoral thesis "Micro Discipleship" and he echoed with my finding as very important for he is also a Christian. He is a farmer in England flying to Vancouver and then to Poland to help other farmers to do a better job on farming.

To me, I thank God for giving us a very good example one day before Sunday of Pentecost that we need to raise up more Disciplers "farmers" this year as in our four years plan. First the Stalk. Andres said this is the beginning stage, the micro stage, the most important stage.

If you take serious thoughts about being a good Discipler and really do it, may be some day the Lord uses you to raise up many Paul!

This week marks the completion of our Discipler 123 Campaign. This Campaign will not end here but as a continuous movement to call and motivate more disciplers to help people to build up a lifestyle to enjoy a daily intimate personal relationship with Jesus. If you are not in then you need to start. If you are in and your group of three people have not build up this lifestyle of Christlikeness then you need to continue until all can do it. And then, pray to see who would be your next disciples to work through a new stage of Discipler123.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Encourage us that we can follow Ananais example to be a good Discipler to raise up many Paul. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,
Tickets to Hong Kong |
Tickets to Manila |

大能的勇士啊,耶和華與你同在!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...