3. Open your heart to praise the Lord
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them ever sing for joy,
and spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may exult in you.
“Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
"Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."
Reflect on these questions:
2. What kind of fish are you catching recently, the thing you spend the most time on? Your job? Money? Work-out to be more healthy? TV? Computer?
3. What does Jesus' invitation (in verse 19) to Peter and Andrew mean to you? How is he calling you to follow right now?
4. Peter, Andrew, James and John respond by following Jesus. How does this speak to you in any way?
1. In your family, how do you understand and live out "following Jesus"?
2. Do you think there are any specific ways that Jesus is calling you to follow him in the context of your family?
Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him: