Sunday, January 2, 2022

REC 100 Days Prayer Meeting Day 70 - Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of life daily until they were being kicked out of the Garden of Eden!

       



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


    
    The link to today's Time with Abba passages:   http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/
    Time with Abba passages: (Psalm 2:1-6, Genesis 3:1-4:26; Matthew 2:13-3:6;, Proverbs 1:7-9)

    Today's key passages:
   Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?
The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”         Genesis 3:1-9

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.      Genesis 3:22-24

In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah:
“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
    make straight paths for him.’”
John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey. People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.     Mathew 3:1-6
       

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him. 
   
     My Listening
    The topic I received from Jesus is Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of life daily until they were being kicked out of the Garden of Eden!

     The message today is something I have never thought of being a Christians for many years and a priest for 33 years! Do you believe that message? Do you understand that?


The Lord asked me three questions this morning while I was having my Time with Abba scribing the Bible passages: 
1. Do you know the location of the tree of life in the Garden of Eden? 
2. Did Adam and Eve ever eat any fruit from the tree of life? 
3. Why God kicked them out of the Garden that they could not have the opportunity to eat the fruit from the tree of life and could not be in eternal life? 

God gave me those questions to inspire me thinking of the possible answer and to lead me into a deep thought of faith in God: 
1. I do not know the location of the tree of life because the Bible does not mention about it. But, the location is not important, it is the function of the tree  is what is important. Having the fruit of the tree of life will be in eternal life! 

2. Because it says in Genesis 3:2-3 that Adam and Eve could eat fruit from the Garden except that tree of good and evil. So, I am quite sure that Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of life and ate it daily! 

3. Jesus asked me to read John  15:1-8, then I will understand:

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Do not listen to God's command is not to acknowledge Him as our King which means we already leave the Kingdom of God, leave the Garden of Eden, leave Jesus! 

Until we confess our sins, repent and change that we can go back to His Kingdom, back to the Garden and being with Jesus each day and that we can have the fruit of the tree of life to eat and be in eternal life each day!

Until we die we are still in eternal life, still can be able to eat the fruit of the tree of life. Also, we should be able to follow John the Baptist's model to lead a humble and simple life and to lead many back to His Kingdom, back to the Garden of Eden to have Jesus as King and be in eternal life! 

   May we pray for our church on the 70th  day of our 100 days Prayer Meeting now:
 
Dear Lord Jesus,
Hep us to be willing to allow the Holy Spirit to shine on us so that we can examine our life everyday whether we are in God's Kingdom and have Jesus as our Lord and King that we receive the fruit from the tree of life daily. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

      Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus?
    
      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     
Please click this link for the video version of this blog:   


     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

    

No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...