Monday, June 13, 2022

God is testing your heart to become an Ananias!

    


Please click this link for the video version of this blog:    https://youtu.be/YmgBsMrL0Rc


Bible in one year by Nicky Gumbel:

Nicky Gumbel's Bible in one year today:

https://preview.mailerlite.com/u9g1p6x4k5/1971512453531441344/e2k5/

Silence
1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


    
    The link to today's Time with Abba passages:   http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/
    Time with Abba passages: (Psalm 132:6-12, 1 Kings 11:1-12:19; Acts 9:1-25; Proverbs 17:4-5)

    Today's key passage: 

    Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.
10 In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”
“Yes, Lord,” he answered.
11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”
13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem.14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”
15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”
17 Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength.
Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. 20 At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God.
Acts 9:8-20


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received yesterday was God is testing your heart! Do you know that?

    Today is the second part and what I received from Jesus is:
    God is testing your heart to become an Ananias!

    This is a diamond opportunity for God to test our hearts to be true disciples of Jesus and to lead more to become true disciples of Jesus!

    Ananias was doing this job to lead Saul to become a true disciple of Jesus. God prepared Ananias to be Saul's discipler for a short period of time until Barnabas took over his job and became Saul's mentor.

    Do you know that God is testing your heart to become an Ananias? Do you know who is your Saul?

     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Thank you for testing our hearts, Lord Jesus. Help us to be willing to become an Ananias and show us who is our Saul. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
    
   
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. How can you grasp this diamond opportunity to be tested by God to become a Ananias?   
       
      2.  What is your next step to make this happen?

      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

    

No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...