Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Proclaiming the Good News needs team work, what does team work needs?

       


Please click this link for the video version of this blog:    https://youtu.be/pgdefUKcNWQ 


Bible in one year by Nicky Gumbel:

Nicky Gumbel's Bible in one year today:

https://preview.mailerlite.com/o4f4g7f3j8/1981659328691574808/m7u1/


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


    
    The link to today's Time with Abba passages:   http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/
    Time with Abba passages: (Psalm 140:9-13, 2 Kings 13:1-14:29; Acts 18:23-19:12; Proverbs 18:2-3)

    Today's key passage: 

    
 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when[a] you believed?”

They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues[b] and prophesied. There were about twelve men in all.

Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. 10 This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.

11 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.

Acts 19:1-12

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received today is: Proclaiming the Good News needs team work, what does team work needs?

    Yesterday we read about how God prepared Paul two teams for his second missionary journey. The first team is Silas and Timothy and the second team is Aquila and Priscilla and built a gifted and powerful Church of Corinth.

    Today we read more exciting ministry happened in Ephesus. Paul stayed there for three years and built a larger team to become Church of Ephesus and the center of the Early Church to send out missionaries. 

    We can see in the new strategy God gave to Paul is what does team work needs actually:
    1. Team work needs people, needs more teams.
    2. Those team members need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and equipped by the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
    3. Those team members need long term training. That's why Paul built the first Christian seminary on earth - Hall of Tyrannus, and used two years to train a group of missionaries.
    4. Paul exercised continuously the gifts of the Holy Spirit to perform signs and wonders to show forth the model of a leader. 

    Are you willing to be led by the Holy Spirit to enter into the team God prepared for you to build up His Kingdom ministry?

     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     I am willing to follow you as my Lord and King and to enter into the team work you prepared for me to build Your King ministryIn Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
     
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. How can you be part of God's team work 
      
      2.  What is your next step to make this happen?
     

      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

    

No comments:

大能的勇士啊,耶和華與你同在!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...