Thursday, June 16, 2022

God's family in unity, everything in prosperity!

     


Please click this link for the video version of this blog:   


Bible in one year by Nicky Gumbel:

Nicky Gumbel's Bible in one year today: 


Silence
1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


    
    The link to today's Time with Abba passages:   http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/
    Time with Abba passages: (Psalm 134:1-3, 1 Kings 15:25-17:24; Acts 10:23-48; Proverbs 17:9-11)

    Today's key passage: 

    34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37 You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues[a] and praising God.
Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
Acts 10:34-48


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received yesterday was: Is "family in unity, everything in prosperity" possible?

     What I received is that according to Chinese tradition of "Family in unity, everything in prosperity" is only a wish, a dream because Satan's main job is to destroy human families so that God's families can be destroyed!

    Today I have a big catch: God's family in unity, everything in prosperity! 

    Yes! Because everyone wants to be the boss, the lord in their family and does not allow Jesus to be the Lord of their family. We can see broken families everywhere and the situation is terrible!

    Look at today's first part of 1 Kings, the kings of the Northern Kingdom, Israel and the kings of the Southern Kingdom deserted God and they killed each others within their own Kingdom and they killed each others between the two Kingdoms, terrible!

    Look at the second part of today's 1 Kings, Elijah who listened and obeyed to God's command performed great miracles! And, we can see in tomorrow's passage that Elijah destroyed the worshiping of idols in Israel and God's family had a revival! Yes, God's family in unity, everything in prosperity!

     Look at today's passage in Acts, Peter listened and obeyed to God's command and performed great miracles. Gentiles believed in Jesus and were baptized. They received the gift of the Holy Spirit to speak in tongues even before they were baptized! Wonderful? Yes, God's family in unity, everything in prosperity!


     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Help us to understand that Satan's main job is to destroy human families so that God's family can be destroyed. Lead us to be willing to get rid of our self-centredness to have you lording our lives so that our church can have a revival to experience "God's families in unity, everything in prosperity". In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
    
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. How can you experience "God's family in unity, everything in prosperity"?   
    
      2.  What is your next step to make this happen?


      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

    

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...