Friday, July 1, 2022

God will surely save if you can take root below and bear fruit above!

 


Please click this link for the video version of this blog:    https://youtu.be/I2jeRNd2qss

 

Bible in one year by Nicky Gumbel:

Nicky Gumbel's Bible in one year today:

https://preview.mailerlite.com/b7y4e7r4a4/1983108687887079890/l5z5/


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


    
    The link to today's Time with Abba passages:   http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/
    Time with Abba passages: (Psalm 143:1-6, 2 Kings 18:13-19:37; Acts 21:1-16; Proverbs 18:8)

    Today's key passage: 

    
 29 “This will be the sign for you, Hezekiah:

“This year you will eat what grows by itself,
    and the second year what springs from that.
But in the third year sow and reap,
    plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
30 Once more a remnant of the kingdom of Judah
    will take root below and bear fruit above.
31 For out of Jerusalem will come a remnant,
    and out of Mount Zion a band of survivors.
“The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.
32 “Therefore this is what the Lord says concerning the king of Assyria:
“‘He will not enter this city
    or shoot an arrow here.
He will not come before it with shield
    or build a siege ramp against it.
33 By the way that he came he will return;
    he will not enter this city,
declares the Lord.
34 I will defend this city and save it,
    for my sake and for the sake of David my servant.’”
35 That night the angel of the Lord went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning—there were all the dead bodies!36 So Sennacherib king of Assyria broke camp and withdrew. He returned to Nineveh and stayed there.
37 One day, while he was worshiping in the temple of his god Nisrok, his sons Adrammelek and Sharezer killed him with the sword, and they escaped to the land of Ararat. And Esarhaddon his son succeeded him as king.
      2 Kings 19:29-37

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received today isGod will surely save if you can take root below and bear fruit above!

    Today's 2 Kings records one of the most powerful miracle in the Bible. The Northern Kingdom, Israel left God to worship idols and was being totally destroyed by Assyria. The Southern Kingdom, Judah should have suffer the same consequence if not for King Hezekiah leading the whole nation to repent. 

    God sent just one angel and 185,000 Assyria soldiers died and in a short while Sennacherib, king of Assyria was being killed by two of his own sons!

    God is great and wonderful! When God acted, no one can do anything to reverse that!

    But, if we only look at how God saved Hezekiah and his people in a miraculous way, it is a waste!

    What I received today from Jesus is that the most important change for anyone who experiences God's saving act is whether the person or that nation can "take root below and bear fruit above." If people being saved and do not have true repentance and renewal, next time when disaster comes, people will eat their own fruit!

    That is the consequence of the kingdom of Judah, they left God again and again after Hezekiah's time and they were being destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon! Sad!
 
    Today is Canada Day, may we have more leaders like Hezekiah in Canada to lead our Nation to repent and back to God. Actually this pandemic is somewhat like the time when Judah was being besieged by a huge force of Assyrian army. Let's cry out to God to save us that we can get through this severe crisis!

    I sincerely hope and pray that you can be one of those who have experienced God's salvation and be willing to take root below and bear fruit above so that God can use you in this critical time of human history to guard your nation with prayers and everything you can and to protect your family!

    
     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Help us to be willing to take root below and bear fruit aboveIn Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
     
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. How can you really live out take root below and bear fruit above 
      
      2.  What is your next step to make this happen?


      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

      


No comments:

願愛你的人如日頭出現,光輝烈烈!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...