Wednesday, January 11, 2023

If you fear God, you won't fear any storm!

 



   

Please click this link for the video version:

 https://youtu.be/8j6M1CIeVxI


Nicky Gumbel's Bible in one year today:


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 7:10-17, Genesis 24:52-26:16; Matthew 8:18-34; Proverbs 3:7-8)


     TWA Bible link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

    
    Today's main passages:
    My shield is God Most High,
    who saves the upright in heart.
11 God is a righteous judge,
    a God who displays his wrath every day.
12 If he does not relent,
    he will sharpen his sword;
    he will bend and string his bow.
13 He has prepared his deadly weapons;
    he makes ready his flaming arrows.
14 Whoever is pregnant with evil
    conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.
15 Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out
    falls into the pit they have made.
16 The trouble they cause recoils on them;
    their violence comes down on their own heads.
17 I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;
    I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.                                      Psalm 7:10-17

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.    Proverbs 3:7-8
    

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him. 
   
     My Listening
    The topic I received from Jesus is:If you fear God, you won't fear any storm! 

   
 My first catch today is: I am your Shield, why are you so afraid?
     My second catch today is: Fear God! Do not fear the storm!
     My third catch is: If you fear God, you won't fear any storm!

     The main passage I received today is actually from Proverbs 3:7-8:
        Do not be wise in your own eyes;
              fear the Lord and shun evil.

    This will bring health to your body
               and nourishment to your bones.

    But, the passages in today's Genesis and Matthew are full of fear! 

    Isaac made the same mistake as his father Abraham made: fear death! So, both of them told other people their wife was not their wife but their sister, if not for God acted, it would be a big mess!

    Jesus disciples in today's Matthew passage made the same mistake!
    
    The interesting thing is that both Abraham and Isaac experienced greatly the power of God and His provision, but when a storm came, Abraham told people his wife was his sister two time, and Isaac one time!

    On the other hand, those disciples of Jesus were full of fear but because of that fear they knew that even the storm listened to Jesus' command! 
    
    All those experiences made Abraham, Isaac and Jesus' disciples to know how to really fear God, how to experience today's Psalm 7:10-17 "My shield is God Most High". God is the One who breaks every chain and every enemy's weapon.

     To know what today's Proverbs 3:7-8 to fear God, you won't fear any storm!

   
Dear Lord Jesus,
May you increase our faith because of our intimate relationship with you each day so that we can learn how to fear you and then we won't fear any storm.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

     
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus?
    
           Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     



       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       

        A 40 days of daily devotion during Lent - Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/2015/02/day-1-new-message-go-home-please-click.html


       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...