Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DAY 67 -Make Ready A People Prepared for the Lord(Cantonese podcast click here)





You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/
(Please click the link above now for I have a wonderful experience
in Calgary with Michelle yesterday, with lots of photos too)


Today's Reading: Luke 1

Please read Luke 1 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - Shine Jesus Shine


Please click this link to read Luke 1:

"Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous - to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:


What I received from Jesus today is a very important memory and a message:
1. The spirit and power of Elijah.
2. Make ready a people prepared for the Lord

First, a memory. Jesus reminded me a milestone in my life in the Essential Conference 2001 in Trinity Western University, Vancouver. Archbishop Yong Ping Chung, the Primate of the Anglican Church of South East Asia and bishop of Sabah was invited by the Conference as one of the main speakers. He told all the participants in the beginning of his talk, "I asked the Lord when I was in the airplane what He wanted me to say. The Lord said, "Tell them that there are like Elijah's time 7,000 of my people not willing to worship Baal." And Archbishop Yong said, "You are part of those 7,000." Then after his talk I went to talk to him as we knew each others in the 80's. He laid hands on me and said, "Holy Spirit come and pour down on Silas the spirit and power of Elijah." Archbishop Yong become one of my spiritual fathers two years after this prayer and I became a bishop taking care of all the people in Canada under the jurisdiction of the Anglican Church of Rwanda seven years later.

Second, Jesus appointed all of us to make ready a people prepared for the Lord by first filled by the Holy Spirit(v.15), bring people back to Jesus(v.16), with the spirit and power of Elijah and John the Baptist to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous.

Are you willing to do that for Jesus? Are you willing to "fall in" to be servants and soldiers of God to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. To be a Discipler 123 is the first step that I am called to raise up leaders. Are you willing to be one of this anointed team of Discipler 123?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to make ready a people prepared for you. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - Day of Elijah


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)

No comments:

好! 良善的僕人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...