Wednesday, September 27, 2023

How to follow Jesus' example to love?

 Anglican Mission Global Society:

Archbishop Melter’s 1st Connecting Workshop video, September 5, 2023: https://youtu.be/0lL8xNrgJb8

Archbishop Melter’s 2nd Connecting Workshop video, September 12 2023:  https://youtu.be/SM39qX0Q5XM


Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022:

https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac

https://youtu.be/MyO6hMcOMOI

   

Please click this link for the video version:



Nicky Gumbel's Bible in one year today:


Bible in one year by Nicky Gumbel:



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method) 

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 106:40-48, Isaiah 51:1-53:12;  Ephesians 5:1-33; Proverbs 24:7)


    Today's key passages: 

       Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

       Ephesians 5:1-2

       Who has believed our message
    and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
    and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
    nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by mankind,
    a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
    he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
Surely he took up our pain
    and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
    stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
    each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all.

Isaiah 53:1-6

    Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.    

    My Listening
    The topic I received today from Jesus  is How to follow Jesus' example to love?

    Paul says in today's Ephesian that we need to follow Jesus' example to love. How Jesus loves us and we follow that example to love other people. Paul shows us how he followed Jesus' example to love.

    We can find the famous No. 4 of four Servant Songs from Isaiah 52:13-53:12. It is how Isaiah the Prophet prophesied how the Messiah loves us 700 years before Jesus was born. The other three Servant Songs can be found from  42:1-9, 49:1-13 及50:4-11.

    Have you ever thought of following Jesus' example to love is for us to suffer like Jesus? Paul gives us a vivid example!

     May be you would say, "Wow! I thought when I believe in Jesus I will get many good things and have a good life. If believing in Jesus has to suffer, I do not want to believe in Him."

    What I received today is this:
    1. Are you willing to change your attitude and lifestyle from getting many things from Jesus to be willing to suffer for Jesus? Are you really willing to follow Jesus and Paul's examples to love?

    2. Do you think if you belong to those people who make God's servants and churches suffer because they do not understand we need to suffer in order that we can be able to love Jesus?


     Dear Lord Jesus,  
    Help us to be willing to suffer for you in order that we can love you and love your church. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

    Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus, to be holy - that is to do what Jesus wants you to do and not to do what Jesus wants you not to do?
    
      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link:http://twa.pastoralcareschool.org/

No comments:

一個領䄂的興起

  歡迎您參加這星期六 (5月11日)溫哥華時間7:30pm 的"合唱敬禮"音樂會: 請參加下星期二 (5月14日)溫哥華時間7:30am-8:30am "使命113工作坊 - 分享" Please join next Tuesday(Ma...