Wednesday, April 13, 2022

It's time for you to start or restart scribing the Bible!

 






Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


    
    The link to today's Time with Abba passages:   http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/
    Time with Abba passages: (Psalm 53:1-6, Joshua 7:16-9:2; Luke 16:1-18; Proverbs 13:1)

    Today's key passage: 

    
    32 There, in the presence of the Israelites, Joshua wrote on stones a copy of the law of Moses. 33 All the Israelites, with their elders, officials and judges, were standing on both sides of the ark of the covenant of the Lord, facing the Levitical priests who carried it. Both the foreigners living among them and the native-born were there. Half of the people stood in front of Mount Gerizim and half of them in front of Mount Ebal, as Moses the servant of the Lord had formerly commanded when he gave instructions to bless the people of Israel.
34 Afterward, Joshua read all the words of the law—the blessings and the curses—just as it is written in the Book of the Law. 35 There was not a word of all that Moses had commanded that Joshua did not read to the whole assembly of Israel, including the women and children, and the foreigners who lived among them.
Joshua 8:32-35

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to Him. 
   
     My Listening
    The topic I received today from Jesus is It's time for you to start or restart scribing the Bible!

    Yesterday, Jesus invited you to renew your covenant with Him,
    to have circumcision of our hearts. 

Today, Jesus invites you to follow Joshua's example to start scribing the Bible! Or, to restart scribing the Bible again if you have discontinued due to the past two years of this pandemic.

 Before Moses died, as recorded in Deuteronomy 27:1-28:68, he commanded Joshua to do that on the day Joshua led the Israelites crossed the Jordan.

     But, Joshua procrastinated and the result was that they were being defeated by a small amount of people from the city of Ai. 

     They had a big victory with fighting following God's command and destroy the City of Jericho. After they were defeated, they found out it was because of Achan's sin, all Israelites suffered! Then, they followed God's command and they had a big victory again!

      It was at that time, Joshua did not procrastinate again and "in the presence of the Israelites, Joshua wrote on stones a copy of the law of Moses."

      The first one to scribe the Bible was God Himself because He wrote the Ten Commandments of the two tablets. The second one to scribe the Bible was Moses and he wrote the law of Moses, the Pentateuch. Joshua was the third one. Then according to Deuteronomy, each of the King of Israel has to scribe the Law once.


     Started six years ago, our church has many brothers and sisters have been using the method we learned from Time with Abba to scribe the Bible daily including our family and we have received lots of blessings and life renewal! We discontinued to come back to church at 6am to scribe the Bible on March 16, 2020(Monday) due to COVID-19.

     It's time for us to restart scribing the Bible again!
      

     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Help us to know that the consequence of procrastination is serious, lead us not to procrastinate your command to us. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
    
      
     
      Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus?
    
      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     
Please click this link for the video version of this blog:   https://youtu.be/9wyMlepZ0fA


     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

    

No comments:

願愛你的人如日頭出現,光輝烈烈!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...