Saturday, May 27, 2023

The Holy Spirit proves your wrongs and guides you into all the truth

            

   

Please click this link for the video version:

https://youtu.be/mIZq5QgcSBc


Nicky Gumbel's Bible in one year today:


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method) 

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sins to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 121:1-8, 2 Samuel 12:1-31; John 16:1-33;; Proverbs 16:4-5)

    Today's key passage: 

    When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin,because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 
John 16:8-13

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to Him. 
   
     My Listening
    The topic I received today from Jesus isThe Holy Spirit proves your wrongs and guides you into all the truth

    Today's John records Jesus' saying about the two main works of the Holy Spirit:
    1. To prove our wrongs so that we can confess our sins
    2. To guide us into all the truth

    In today's 2 Samuel shows us how the Holy Spirit worked as Jesus says, even in the Old Testament time. 

    I think David would have the same deadly consequence as King Saul if he did not accept it was God who sent Nathan the Prophet to him to prove his sins using a parable, and even he accepted that but if David did not accept the prompting of the Holy Spirit to acknowledge his sins and confess!

This morning when I was praying , Jesus inspired and reminded me of John 16:33:

    “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”


Oh, I got it, Lord Jesus!
It is because we do not reject the Holy Spirit but to accept and receive the work of the two major works of the Holy Spirit in us, Jesus is our Lord and King! And because Jesus is our Lord and King, we can be able to overcome all the troubles, even Satan's attack. Let me say it more clearer, it is not us who can overcome those troubles, traps and attack, but only Jesus! Jesus is the only salvation! Because Jesus says: 

"I have overcome the world.”
 

    May we be willing to welcome the works of the Holy Spirit each day to prove our sins and to truly confess and repent; may we be willing to welcome the guidance of the Holy Spirit each day into all the truth so that we know God's standard and what is right and wrong in His sight and to follow Jesus into the way of eternal life!

     Dear Holy Spirit,  
     Shine on us to prove our wrongs so that we have a chance to confess and repent. Come Holy Spirit, come, fill us and guide us into all the truth so that we know God's standard and what is right and wrong in His sight and to follow Jesus into the way of eternal life. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
    
     
      Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus?
    
      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link:http://twa.pastoralcareschool.org/

    

No comments:

因爲你專心跟從主,能趕走最強的敵人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...