Saturday, November 17, 2012

DAY 222 - Coming to Jesus Like A Child Is The Root to Good Marriage! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Today's Reading: Matthew 19: 10-15

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to read Matthew 19: 10-15

Bible Study

This is a difficult passage if we do not link up with the previous message. But if we read verses 1 to 15 as a whole then we may get some inspiration about good marriage.

N.T. Wright says:
It is significant that the little scene with the children is placed right after the discussion about whether or not to marry.  The disciples are startled at Jesus' very rigorous teaching about divorce.  They are contemplating the possibility that maybe it would be better not to risk marriage if one was going to be locked into it for life.
The whole discussion in Matthew 19:3-15 is of great relevance today.  We live at a time when what used to be thought of as 'Christian' behaviour in the area of marriage and family has been rejected by large swathes of Western society. The rampant individualism of the last few hundred years in the West has left families, and children, in bad shape, as people act on the belief that they have, as individuals, a 'right to happiness' which overrides all considerations of loyalty, keeping vows, and the duty to bring up lovingly the children one has brought into the world.

The kingdom of this world is teaching and pulling us into a "me, me, me" way of life. Because of this, lots of people do not care for their spouse or their children. It's always 'my happiness' to be the top priority.

What Jesus is trying to help us to understand following yesterday's message is that the true relationship of a husband and wife goes back to the original meaning of creating a man and a woman as in the image of God. The more you are in God's image, the more Christlike you are, the better your relationship with God, your spouse and your children will be. The best way to deal with a marriage problem is to deal with a better relationship with God first. And, if we really have that intimate personal relationship with Jesus, we will go to him as often as we can just like a child going to his father.

Can you get that picture now? 

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




Spiritual Journal


What I heard from Jesus today is: Coming to Jesus like a child is the root to good marriage!

What I received from Jesus today is a more simple and deeper level from yesterday's theme. What I got yesterday is "Christlikeness if the root to good marriage". In order to become more like Christ, we need to go to Christ like a child going to his father. How wonderful it is to see babies and little children crawling and running to their parent. But, when they grow up and you can't see that picture anymore.  Why? Me, Me, Me!

What Jesus reveals to me are painful pictures of what is happening everywhere in the world everyday:
When a wife says, "Come to me, my love!" Her husband says, "Wait, later, I am busy."

When a husband says, "Come to me, my love!" His wife says, "Wait, later, let me finish this TV program."

When a child says, "Dad, I want to be with you." His father says, "Wait, later, don't you see I am doing my work."

When a child says, "Mom, I want to be with you." Her mom says, "Wait, later, I have too many things to do."

If we can go to Jesus as a child as often as we can, I suppose we can be more willing and eager to go to our spouse and children. Right?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to come to you as often as we can so that we can enjoy a good marriage and a blessed family. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - Above All

Chinese praise song - 全地至高是我主 You Are Top No. 1


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...