Thursday, November 29, 2012

DAY 234 - Are You The Living Or The Dead? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Today's Reading: Matthew 22: 23-33

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to read Matthew 22: 23-33

Bible Study

     For the past four days, we had two passages calling us to repent, the third one challenged us whether we have repented, and the passage yesterday helped us to know that if we really have repented then we should be able to know what to give to the world, and what to give to God. Here in today's passage, we got another challenge that if we really have repented, then we are the living having a living relationship with God. Those Sadducees were actually the dead because they were believing in a God of the dead. Everything was just past tense to them. But, in fact, God was using present tense to tell Moses that He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, not past tense!

     Is God a past historical event for you or is he a present and living experience that you are enjoying everyday?

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




Spiritual Journal


     What I heard from Jesus today is: Are you the living or the dead?

     What I got from Jesus is a reality check whether we are having a real living relationship with him. Or, everything we are experiencing in church is only history?

     Many famous historical church sites have become real history but not a place to worship the living God! So many people are longing to experience that God is real! Is God real to you? How real? To me, He is so real, talking to me, comforting me, teaching me, guiding me, protecting me and loving me day after day. Yes, He is so real? Thank you Lord for being my living God!

     Jesus reminds me one of my favorite songs today:
     Because He lives I can face tomorrow.
     Because He lives all fear is gone.
     Because I know He holds the future
      and life is worth the living
      because He lives.

    Wow, thank you Lord! Yes, Lord, I can face tomorrow and all fear is gone because you live! Praise the Lord!

    I encourage you to click the links below worshipping our living God now!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Lead us to experience that you are so real each day. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - Because He Lives

Chinese praise song - 我知誰掌管明天I Know Who Hold The Future


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...