Saturday, January 23, 2016

OT DAY 428 - Want to Become A Different Person (Please click here for English podcast)

Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

       Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem!
        Praise your God, O Zion!
        For he strengthens the bars of your gates;
            he blesses your children within you.
         He makes peace in your borders;
             he fills you with the finest of the wheat.


                    Psalm 147:12-14

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word (1 Samuel 10:1-11)


       Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on his head and kissed him and said, “Has not the Lord anointed you to be prince over his people Israel? And you shall reign over the people of the Lord and you will save them from the hand of their surrounding enemies. And this shall be the sign to you that the Lord has anointed you to be prince over his heritage. When you depart from me today, you will meet two men by Rachel's tomb in the territory of Benjamin at Zelzah, and they will say to you, ‘The donkeys that you went to seek are found, and now your father has ceased to care about the donkeys and is anxious about you, saying, “What shall I do about my son?”’ Then you shall go on from there farther and come to the oak of Tabor. Three men going up to God at Bethel will meet you there, one carrying three young goats, another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a skin of wine. And they will greet you and give you two loaves of bread, which you shall accept from their hand. After that you shall come to Gibeath-elohim,where there is a garrison of the Philistines. And there, as soon as you come to the city, you will meet a group of prophets coming down from the high place with harp, tambourine, flute, and lyre before them, prophesying. Then the Spirit of the Lord will rush upon you,and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man. Now when these signs meet you, do what your hand finds to do, for God is with you. Then go down before me to Gilgal. And behold, I am coming down to you to offer burnt offerings and to sacrifice peace offerings. Seven days you shall wait, until I come to you and show you what you shall do.”
When he turned his back to leave Samuel, God gave him another heart. And all these signs came to pass that day. 10 When they came to Gibeah, behold, a group of prophets met him, and the Spirit of God rushed upon him, and he prophesied among them. 11 And when all who knew him previously saw how he prophesied with the prophets, the people said to one another, “What has come over the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?”      1   Samuel 10: 1-11


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"

My Listening

          Everyone wants to become a different person, if that "different" means a good person, a better person. Here, when Samuel told Saul after he anointed him with oil to be a leader over God's inheritance, a different person is more than a better person. So, what is that? 


Let's see how Professor John Goldingay tells us: 
    
           For most of church history, visions and prophecies and miraculous healings have been uncommon events in the mainline churches, but during the time when I was teaching in England, they came to be more common once more, and we used to have prayer for healing in seminary chapel. On one occasion I was praying for one of the students who was part of my pastoral care group, and I had an image come into my mind, of a boy walking through a shopping mall with his father. I thought to myself, "If I was the sort of person who had visions or pictures, that would be one. But I'm not, so it obviously isn't." Nevertheless I incorporated the image in my prayer, and after the service the student came to see me, very excited, because that image had been such a help to him; it was the thing that had brought him some emotional healing. I realized I had become someone who did have pictures or visions. There was a sense in which I had become a different person.
           For me and for Saul, an experience of that kind comes not in order to give us a spiritual experience but because of something God wants to do for other people.     
          
John Goldingay. 1 and 2 Samuel for Everyone. Louisville,KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2011, p.54.




         Do you want to become a different person to bring healing, confirmation and assurance to other people? Please read verse 1 to 11 a few times and pray to God to tell you how you can become a different person according to Saul's experience. I'll share with you tomorrow.

Dear Lord Jesus, 
    Open our eyes to see those things you want us to see so that we can become a different person in you.  In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
    1. What have you seen in 1 Samuel 10: 1-11?

2. What are the steps for Saul to become a different person? 

    3. What have you got from Jesus today?


Today's Time with Abba daily reading:




Photos of my copying the Bible today using Time with Abba passages 





Today's photo of our every Saturday 8a.m. Copying Bible to pray and 9a.m. Prayer Meeting

















My grand-daughter Zoe enjoying yesterday's 6:30a.m. Prayer Meeting.








Praise and Thanksgiving


Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E



Please click the link below to my new 40 days Break.Build site any time you like to having a 40 days "Break.Build" daily devotion with one to two people as a discipler to help those Jesus prepares for you to disciple. You need to know that the call and purpose of my Break.Build and this Discipler123 blog/podcast is for you to become a discipler to help more people to have a daily intimate relationship with Jesus and then they can become disciplers too:

Please click these links to the app. Andy Ng wrote if you have an Android cel.:


You may choose to follow my other daily blog:
Daily Devotion on Fire: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/

不要被災難篩走了和親友的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...