Friday, February 10, 2012

DAY 343 - What Is Your Golden Calf? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)





Please click this link for the official announcement from AMiAs of the recent transition:




You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

Today's Reading: Exodus 32

Please read Exodus 32 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.



Please click this link to worship with us - Create in Me A Clean Heart O God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mhNlk6Nsh0&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 祢讓我生命改變 You Transform My Life


Please click this link to read Exodus 32


Aaron took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool. Then they said, "These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt." Exodus 32: 4


What I got from Jesus today is: What is your golden calf?

Do you think you have your golden calf?

I was about to write today's blog earlier at around 6:15p.m. yesterday but after I wrote the question above I asked Jesus one question, "Lord Jesus, can you help me to remember one incident to tell them what does it means by 'do you think you have your golden calf'?" You know what Jesus told me, "Son, stop now. Wait and you'll have one later tonight." So, I stopped and after that I went back to Richmond Emmanuel with Michelle and Ignatius for a welcoming dinner for some newly baptized. Wow! I got that example!

A lady who is the wife of a newly baptized joined our Alpha and has been in our Friday Super Groups for almost a year but she has not received Jesus as her Savior and Lord of life yet. I asked her tonight, "What is lacking that you have not yet receive Jesus into your heart?" She said, "Oh, that was the same question my small group leader asked me last week?" We shared a bit and she suddenly said, "Because I know that after I receive Jesus I cannot do lots of thing I have been doing for such a long time. Like buying 649 lottery ticket. So I am waiting to win one time of 649 and then I'll receive Jesus."

Wow! This is a good example of what does it means that we have our golden calf. In this case, the willingness to stop buying 649 for her and to receive Jesus is the way she kills her golden calf. I know that some Christians still keep on buying 649 after they became Christians and that is even worse because they are worshiping God and at the same time worshiping 649 to give them some extra big money or buying some kind of hope instead of understanding that hope comes from Jesus!

Golden calf or calfs are those things blocking us not being able to worship God solely and listen and obey to Him solely. Golden calfs are those idols we think can lead us into prosperity. Just as Aaron said, "These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt." I know that some Christians even go to see fortune tellers trying to ask for their future. They do not understand most of those people are being back up by evil spirits. That kind of cases are even more serious.

What I heard from Jesus today is that we do not have a way to know our golden calf because the Deceiver has his way to blind our eyes. We really need to ask the Holy Spirit to open our eyes to see whether we are worshiping any idol we do not know. And if the Holy Spirit reveal something to us, we need to repent, take away those idols and turn our hearts back to God. It can be anything which has blocked or obstruct our relationship with Jesus like any kind of addition or just something we can't stop sticking to or just one word "MONEY". There are hundreds of possibilities so you need to ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you as often as you feel need to.

What is your golden calf?

Dear Holy Spirit,
Help us to know if we have any kind of golden calf and be willing and able to remove that from us so that you can really be our Savior and our Lord of life. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - Create in Me A Clean Heart O God


Chinese praise song - 陶造我生命 Mold My Life


Pray for our Founding Primates who are giving us spiritual oversight and our chairman bishop:
The Most Rev. Emmanuel Kolini (Freda)

The Most Rev. Moses Tay (Cynthia)

The Most Rev. Yong Ping Chung (Julia)

The Rt. Rev. Chuck Murphy, III (Margaret)


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...